Fishing for a year - Jack Hargreaves.

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Re: Fishing for a year - Jack Hargreaves.

Post by Loop Erimder »

Mark wrote:It is a lovely read Loop, when you are reading it try and hear Jack voice in your head as if he is reading it to you.
Already heard him Mark that's why I'm enjoying it, shame it's not a longer book
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Grazy

Post by Grazy »

This is one of my current books I'm reading when time allows, I will probably wait till the close season to finish it as reading whilst chub fishing doesn't usually work!! I'm thoroughly enjoying it along with Mr Yates 'How To Fish' which is, as you'd expect, actually nothing to do with how to fish :)

GazTheAngler

Post by GazTheAngler »

Grazy,

How to fish is great, I must get the Jack H book, watching him fish on Out of Town is one of the reasons I started fishing.

Have a vision in my head now if him siting with a peculiar shaped impliment asking if anyone knew what it was and saying he'd tell us next week.

Must get some OOT DVD's will really convince the Mrs that I've entered my dotage.

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

I managed to buy the medlar leather bound for a reasonable price a while ago

NiceRoach
Eel

Post by NiceRoach »

'The earlier black and white episodes used the theme song "Out of Town" by Leslie Bricusse and Robin Beaumont, performed by Max Bygraves. The lyrics begin: "Say what you will, the countryside is still, the only place that I can settle down".

The distinctive classical guitar music theme tune to later episodes, "Recuerdos de la Alhambra", was written by Francisco Tárrega and was recorded on an album by the classical guitarist John Williams, and released on a single as "Out Of Town" by Juan Martin. It was also known that the screen-used opening and closing titles were played by Andrés Segovia, and retitled "Tremolo Study".'

@wiki
niceroach

JohnClyde
Perch

Post by JohnClyde »

Loop, one of the Out of Town dvds has actual footage of Jack catching his best ever dace on a fly rod. Its 5 mins in to this clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vvMHXLx3W0

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

I have the DVD series - always worth a watch!

It was the weird tools he used to find that enthralled me - most now 'extinct'.

Northern_Nomad
Arctic Char

Post by Northern_Nomad »

It wasn't only the fishing but the tips on all sorts of "country matters"

One that has stuck in my head is the what he said abot the use of oils, especially on boots....mineral to mineral, vegetable to vegetable and animal to animal. Sine then I've only ever used Neatsfoot oil or Mink oil on my boots. :Thumb:
"We knelt side by side looking at it. I knew it was big, and suddenly it dawned on me it was more than that. It was tremendous!" - Richard Walker

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”