Hugh Miles blog - A day with Chris Yates.

This forum belongs to Chris Yates.
MaggotDrowner
Sea Trout

Hugh Miles blog - A day with Chris Yates.

Post by MaggotDrowner »

I'm sure some forum member will find this worth a read. There are some nice photos too. The rod Chris is using will be clearly identifiable to some on here. I'm sure it's a Sealey, I think perhaps the octerfloat? I'm not sure though.

http://hughmiles9.blogspot.co.uk/
"I'd rather be fishing!"

MD

GarryProcter
Arctic Char

Re: Hugh Miles blog - A day with Chris Yates.

Post by GarryProcter »

Yes, it's a Sealey Floatcaster De Luxe - I've waggled it a few times! I've got one in the cellar, 'awaiting attention'. The reel's rather nice too.

Sorry MD, forgot to say yes I did enjoy the read, thanks for posting the link.

MaggotDrowner
Sea Trout

Post by MaggotDrowner »

I have the 12ft Floatcaster DeLuxe, which I like. I have heard that the 11ft is nicer to hold because it's a lighter rod. I guess Chris uses the 11ft model?
"I'd rather be fishing!"

MD

GarryProcter
Arctic Char

Post by GarryProcter »

I thought Chris' rod was the 12ft version, but others said it was 11ft. I can't remember, but as I'm usually wrong I'd go with the 'others'! I'm due to get in touch with him soon and I'll try to remember to ask. I do remember thinking that my 11ft version felt different to Chris' rod, but that could just be me (and the vagaries of cane rods).

MaggotDrowner
Sea Trout

Post by MaggotDrowner »

I've only had a very small perch on it so far. It was a very cold day and half the pond was frozen over. I was surprised I got that to be honest. I cannot wait for something a little larger that will put a bend in the rod. I'll be able to give a real opinion on it then. I may try for a big perch myself. Perhaps with a small live bait. How did you come to know Chris?
"I'd rather be fishing!"

MD

Return to “Chris Yates”