Matt Hayes new centre pin.

The Other Reels forum.
BJMason

Matt Hayes new centre pin.

Post by BJMason »

Hi guy's.
Could not resist buying one as it looked a bargin and it was, it looks good, feels good and spins pretty well and the quality is pretty good also has adjustable drag and all for 60 quid can't be bad. I know it's not vintage but then again nor are my J W Youngs centre pins. Great value if you are looking for a first centre pin or as spare.
Bernard.

CWK
Perch

Re: Matt Hayes new centre pin.

Post by CWK »

I've seen these pins advertised as being of limited edition . However , what they don't say is how many the production run will be limited to !!!

Is this a con or just typical marketing flannel ??

BJMason

Post by BJMason »

Hi cwk.
I think read they are limited to 1,000, but like you I would not bet on it. But having said that it still a good reel for the money.
Bernard.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

A numbered run of 1000, according to the Dragon Carp site ... and the box looks better than the Barder reel. Enjoy, BJ.

http://www.dragoncarpdirect.com/product ... repin.html
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

BJMason

Post by BJMason »

Thanks Ashbycut.
Hoping to try it out next weeks fishing trip.
Bernard.

Haydn Clarke

Post by Haydn Clarke »

I've not seen one of these proper yet, but is this not just a "Marco Hayestesi"?
Last edited by Haydn Clarke on Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CWK
Perch

Post by CWK »

Being a pedantic irascible old bugger I wouldn't describe a production run of 1000 pieces as small...

Nevertheless , probably a very good reel for the money ..... but the tackle tart in me says no thanks..

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

I suspect some of the 1,000 will be good and others less so. A nice idea, a limited editions for everyman. Will they sell 1,000? Dunno. The box is rather better than the Barder, as noted. What irks me is the language of the description:

"Ideal for river work on roach, barbel and chub, it is also a top performer for margin action on carp."

Can the gentle art of angling be described as 'work on'?
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Haydn Clarke

Post by Haydn Clarke »

I must admit, every time I see "limited edition" on things like this my Norton anti bull-shiesse software usually blocks any impending Trojan-horse marketing virus.

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

I don't yet own a centrepin , but I am thinking about getting one - and that would be one I would consider buying.
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

Return to “Other Reels”