Yatesy's ITV Debut

This forum belongs to Chris Yates.
Colonelgsc
Roach

Yatesy's ITV Debut

Post by Colonelgsc »

A date for your diary, gentlemen.

2100 hrs on 30th August, 2012. ITV television channel.

I've just had a phone conversation with the Honourable Yates and, among many other things we discussed, he told me he's recently done his 'Nightwalk' accompanied by a four man film crew, who are using the footage as the main thread for a documentary about Britain at night. Despite the 'crowd' dragging along with him, they were respectfully quiet and managed some acceptable footage along the lines of his book. They were out from 2200hrs through to 0800hrs the next day, much to the consternation of a couple of the younger members of the crew!!

Sounds like it will be worth a look. If any more 'intel' comes my way, I'll keep you posted.

"If you can wait, and not be tired of waiting......" Kipling

The Tuesday Swim
Grayling

Re: Yatesy's ITV Debut

Post by The Tuesday Swim »

Sounds interesting Colonel, I'm in the middle of Nightwalk a refreshing read.

Just out of interest does Mr Yates ever look in at the TTFF? Or does such modern ways not interest him?

Davyr

Post by Davyr »

I'm inclined to believe rumours I've heard that the gentleman in question doesn't possess a computer!

Colonelgsc
Roach

Post by Colonelgsc »

davyr wrote:I'm inclined to believe rumours I've heard that the gentleman in question doesn't possess a computer!
He tells me he does have one, Davy. A fairly ancient, steam driven, cast-off from one of his children. A common occurrence in us 'old dads'. I'm in a very similar situation, except one of my offspring has his own Graphics Design business, so his 'cast-offs' are 6 month old, high end, Apple Macs, capable of boiling tea to perfection........and the cakes they bake are out of this world.......well, almost :laugh:

Chris let slip he'd received an email, during our chat earlier, so, from that I deduce he has access to t'net. But I reckon that's probably as far as it goes. He didn't seem to recognise TFF when I said I was attending the gathering tomorrow. I'll keep feeding him the idea though.

Another thing he did say, though. He's contracted to more books over the next few years; 5 I think he said but i may have misheard. Pretty sure it was one a year. Now whether that's a Yates year or a normal year, we'll find out in due course. I suggested more fishing books, in my best 'pleading' manner, but he said he's very much enjoying the 'freedom' to reach out in other fields. Although he did feel he may do something on 'pond fishing'. Trying not to sound over eager, I suggested that would be a rather good idea...............fingers crossed, eh??

"If you can wait, and not be tired of waiting......" Kipling

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

I'm looking forward to the TV ' version' of Nightwalk with Chris - should be good, and more books sounds great as well.
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

Davyr

Post by Davyr »

colonelgsc wrote:fingers crossed, eh??
Certainly something to look forward to! :thumb:

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

colonelgsc wrote:A date for your diary, gentlemen.

2100 hrs on 30th August, 2012. ITV television channel.

I've just had a phone conversation with the Honourable Yates and, among many other things we discussed, he told me he's recently done his 'Nightwalk' accompanied by a four man film crew, who are using the footage as the main thread for a documentary about Britain at night. Despite the 'crowd' dragging along with him, they were respectfully quiet and managed some acceptable footage along the lines of his book. They were out from 2200hrs through to 0800hrs the next day, much to the consternation of a couple of the younger members of the crew!!

Sounds like it will be worth a look. If any more 'intel' comes my way, I'll keep you posted.
Thank you for the heads up sir, the date is duly noted in my diary. :thumb:
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

I thought that one day he might succumb, obviously off the radar as he would be inundated with fan mail, so to speak.
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

......maybe he already is :think:
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

I still think we should create him an account and send him the credentials.

Just in case he gets bored/curious and fancies a look....
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Return to “Chris Yates”