Winders keepers

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
AllRounder
Brown Trout

Re: Winders keepers

Post by AllRounder »

Picked mine up at Redditch yesterday simply a delight and a great addition to the hooked on floats book I bought a few years ago.
A must read for the traditional angler.

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Mine is destined to be delivered by Santa. At last a Christmas present to look forward to.

Wal.
Last edited by Wallys-Cast on Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

One of mine is in there somewhere because we could actually name the maker from the leather case.

TemeLAD
Crucian Carp

Post by TemeLAD »

Nobby wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:47 am One of mine is in there somewhere because we could actually name the maker from the leather case.
It is Nobby, page 55. I was so pleased that it found its way to you, given your connection to its makers location but to see it in Jeffs book is the cherry on top. Glad you are still enjoying it :Thumb:

Cheers

Les :Hat:
"I can't wait to buy a bamboo pole and a filament of line and a tube of breadcrumbs. I want to participate in this practice which allows a man to be alone with himself in dignity and peace. It seems a very precious thing to me".

John Steinbeck

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Thanks Les, it was most kind of you to sell it to me. They are so rare in leather cases...goodness knows where Jeff found so many!

On doing a little research we found that the maker had been a saddler by trade and was, presumably, adapting to a failing market. I found a frightening image of Streatham High Street just along from his premises with horses and motor cars all over the road, seemingly before any central white lines on the road.

His premises still exist and it is now a Chinese restaurant, just a bit North of the old ice -kating rink, on the other side of the road.

:Hat:

PS: I just realised some of my home-made floats are now 'famous' :-)

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

i bought a copy the other day but im now waiting on the post man if its half as good as the authors other book it should be a great book

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

TemeLAD wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:14 pm Ordered my copy for collection from the VTF Redditch next month. I’ve had sneak previews over the years and it’s a real credit to Jeff :Hat:
"
A little off the winder theme in a way but were did you find the quote ... love it.
Just about to start Cannery Row.
The book above looks is interesting and so thick for the subject, I have had the pleasure of looking through the book.
I have a few old wooden winders and enjoy using them.
They also carry all the essentials for a few hours on the bank.
Mr B.

I can't wait to buy a bamboo pole and a filament of line and a tube of breadcrumbs. I want to participate in this practice which allows a man to be alone with himself in dignity and peace. It seems a very precious thing to me".

John Steinbeck
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Crucian
Eel

Post by Crucian »

This book sounds lovely, would anyone please be able to post a link to enable me to purchase a copy?

Cane
Grayling

Post by Cane »

Crucian wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:38 pm This book sounds lovely, would anyone please be able to post a link to enable me to purchase a copy?
‎Coch-y-Bonddu Books are the publishers.
In the mud and scum of things, something always, always sings!
Mrs Wigg's philosophy

Crucian
Eel

Post by Crucian »

Cane wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:52 pm
Crucian wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:38 pm This book sounds lovely, would anyone please be able to post a link to enable me to purchase a copy?
‎Coch-y-Bonddu Books are the publishers.
Thank you.

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”