Hardex rear service cover

The Hardy Reels forum.
Fenns
Stickleback

Hardex rear service cover

Post by Fenns »

This query is an adjunct to my other regarding my Altex No.s 2s - in this case it concerns my little Hardex No.1 Mk II which has no rear cover, nor the securing screw.
It originally came as part of a job lot so I wasn't too miffed but since the rest of the reel is excellent I'd like to get it back to it's full glory. One dealer suggested I cut a suitably sized piece of aluminium but I have neither the tools nor skill level to do this properly so hope there is a source somewhere.
Unlike my Altex's this little chap seems to have all 6 drag washers in situ - a pleasant surprise.

As pictures paint a thousand words and I find those on this forum so helpful:

n.b. for those looking at this for reference the washers to the left of the brass adjuster collar are laid out in reverse order - sorry, to confuse.
To clarify: loading from the well of the spool - red fibre; keyed metal; 2nd keyed metal ; sprung washer; then the brass adjuster; brass screw.
A further red fibre and brass washer then sit on spindle under the spool

Thanking you in anticipation.

Simon

ReelMaker
Brown Trout

Re: Hardex rear service cover

Post by ReelMaker »

Good morning fellow friends,I might say ,cut out a cardboard templed to fit the reel and then transfer it to a piece of thin aluminium sheet ,a fiddly job ,my be someone on this forum could do this task but they would need the reel for fitting.I would be willing to do this but I’m in a care home so it would be impossible for me.Terry (Reelmaker)

Fenns
Stickleback

Post by Fenns »

Thank you Terry - I really appreciate the kind thought. I do hope your residence is a comfortable one and in a perfect world they have a well stocked workshop with lathes & tools so expertise such as yours could be utilised and you could train others. As I contemplate retirement I fantasise of offering myself as a willing apprentice to someone with skills such as yours and learning something useful.

I wish you well and thanking you for taking an interest.

Simon

ReelMaker
Brown Trout

Post by ReelMaker »

I am wondering if there is a model maker on the forum ,that would help it’s a simple part to make ,I think Hardys would use a press tool to punch them out .Gary mills or another man is Barry Grantham might help.Terry.

Return to “Hardy Reels”