Intrepid Supreme

The K. P. Morritts Reels forum.
AshbyCut
Honorary President

Intrepid Supreme

Post by AshbyCut »

A reel arrived today which allowed me to 'almost' make up a compete 'Supreme' with (at last) three spools, each of different capacities ('match,' 'medium,' and 'large).

It's silky smooth, even though it has the plastic gear cog, but the only complete bale arm I have has a rather odd 'araldite' repair on it (even so it works !) ... so I'll still be looking out for another.

This almost completes my set of (what I consider to be) really usable Morritt's Intrepids !!!

"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Stingray
Grayling

Re: Intrepid Supreme

Post by Stingray »

Stands on its own in the Intrepid stable does the Supreme and certainly one of their more versatile reels. Those plastic gears are not an issue as they work well enough but I have two Supremes - an early one which also has a plastic anti-reverse pawl which is a disaster - the anti-reverse is spongy as a sponge; and a later Supreme with the improvement of a metal anti-reverse pawl which works fine.

Return to “K. P. Morritts Reels”