Blood Knots - Luke Jennings- dont miss this book!

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Ian.R.McDonald
Chub

Blood Knots - Luke Jennings- dont miss this book!

Post by Ian.R.McDonald »

With so many of us surprised about the price of "classic" fishing books, I would like to recommend a new book which I expect to become a classic itself.

A memoir very much fishing based with Crabtree and Walker featured amonst others.

With a style similar to Chris Yates at his best in many places- with surprises and perhaps areas to shock ,this is the best fishing related book I have read for years!

Gary Bills
Rainbow Trout

Re: Blood Knots - Luke Jennings- dont miss this book!

Post by Gary Bills »

Ian.R.McDonald wrote:With so many of us surprised about the price of "classic" fishing books, I would like to recommend a new book which I expect to become a classic itself.

A memoir very much fishing based with Crabtree and Walker featured amonst others.

With a style similar to Chris Yates at his best in many places- with surprises and perhaps areas to shock ,this is the best fishing related book I have read for years!
It has been mentioned and praised on this site before, Ian: I agree, it's in my top five for one of the greatest angling-themed books ever; and it still haunts me.

Hannay
Perch

Post by Hannay »

Ian.R.McDonald wrote:With so many of us surprised about the price of "classic" fishing books, I would like to recommend a new book which I expect to become a classic itself.

Couldn't agree more, Sir. Was surprised by some of the content as I was reading it but couldn't put it down. As FB says, quite haunting in places.

Shaun Harrison
Zander

Post by Shaun Harrison »

Just had a glance on Flea Bay and picked up an 'immaculate' (apparantly) copy for 99p with £1.90 postage :Happy:

Gary Bills
Rainbow Trout

Post by Gary Bills »

Shaun Harrison wrote:Just had a glance on Flea Bay and picked up an 'immaculate' (apparantly) copy for 99p with £1.90 postage :Happy:
A really cheap price for an incredible work of literature, Shaun, - it's all based in fact, but goes well beyond the normal borders of angling... its last sentence will remain with me always, although having a very little brain it took me a while to "get it," actually...
No, I won't do a spoiler..! :Thumb:

Shaun Harrison
Zander

Post by Shaun Harrison »

Here is another one at 99p http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Blood-Knots-J ... 19d9ac0db5 don't all rush at once!

Richard C
Brown Trout

Post by Richard C »

Well someone did, it's gorn! :shocked: :Chuckle:
"We shall not cease from exploration. And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.".
T. S Eliot
http://richard-cleaver.blogspot.co.uk/

Shaun Harrison
Zander

Post by Shaun Harrison »

Hopefully to yourself?

Shaun Harrison
Zander

Post by Shaun Harrison »

Richard C
Brown Trout

Post by Richard C »

Twas indeed. :Wink:
Thanks for the heads up Shaun. :Thumb:
"We shall not cease from exploration. And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.".
T. S Eliot
http://richard-cleaver.blogspot.co.uk/

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”