New Walker Book called 'Fishing With Walker'

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Mark
Head Bailiff

New Walker Book called 'Fishing With Walker'

Post by Mark »

I had an email from Peter Maskell today saying the new Richard Walker books have finally arrived so I have just ordered my copy.

This is the email I received from Peter a couple of weeks ago. I can't find any advertising of the book anywhere so I am not sure if they are available to everyone yet.

I’m delighted to inform you of a new Dick Walker book, Fishing With Walker. Fishing With Walker contains articles from Fishing Magazine and Angling Times, none of which have appeared in book form before. There are sections on all the major species and how to catch them, tactics, hard hitting and side splitting comments on a wide range of topical issues and much, much more. Many of the supporting photographs have never previously been published. The 197-page hardback book is limited to just 500 numbered and signed copies.

Best Wishes

Peter Maskell
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Re: New Walker Book called 'Fishing With Walker'

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Sounds wonderful, another for my Christmas list. :wink:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Not received my copy yet but it sounds like a good read, well spotted Snape. :thumb:
Mark (Administrator)

where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

The book finally arrived today, after a quick flick through there are many pictures that I have never seen before. One that stands out is Dick with a woolly hat on with a pom pom holding a bream in each hand. It looks like he is fishing in a match.

I'm reading another book at the minute 'Lost in a Quiet World' by Paul Cook so FWW will have to wait for a while.
Mark (Administrator)

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Spoilt for choice, they both sound magnificent!
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Peter Maskell has asked me to put the following on the forum.

THERE’S a special treat in store for Dick Walker fans with the launch of a brand new book by the Maestro.
Fishing With Walker contains articles from Fishing magazine and Angling Times – none of which have appeared in book form before.
There are sections on all the major species and how to catch them; tactics, hard-hitting and side-splitting comments on a wide range of topical issues and much, much more. Many of the supporting photographs have never previously been published.
Discover which fish was Dick’s favourite species, how he came face to face with a 7lb perch, when barbel bite best, the myth of Redmire and the mystery of the monsters of the Great Ouse.
There are controversial comments on the lack of angling on TV, the close season debate, groundbaiting and shotting patterns.
Joining him on the bankside are his closest fishing pals, Pete Thomas, Fred J Taylor, his brother Ken and their cousin, Joe.
No angler, whether he fishes purely for relaxation, or looks upon the sport as an exciting challenge, can fail to find a treasure trove of information and entertainment between the covers of Fishing With Walker.

Fishing With Walker, a 197-page hardback book, is limited to just 500 numbered and signed copies and is priced at £26.95 + £2.75 First Class p&p.
To order copies direct, just send a cheque for £29.70, made payable to Peter Maskell Publishing Services, to Peter Maskell, Churchview House, Main Street, Wilsthorpe, STAMFORD, PE9 4PE. Email: petermaskell@btinternet.com
A limited number of 35 signed leather-bound copies in slipcases are also available at £165 + £7 p&p.

Mark (Administrator)

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”