Milwards Carpmaster

The Milwards Rods forum.
PondLife
Perch

Milwards Carpmaster

Post by PondLife »

Just wondering if anyone has seen this fella on ebay . Item number: 140851713422. Supposed to be a Milwards "carpmaster" . Now i've never seen a milwards "Carpmaster" listed in any of their catalogues and i have quite a vast collection. At least ten. As far as i know Milwards never made a carp rod. To me going by the length and fittings it looks like Milwards "Spinmaster". More evidence that it's not what it's made out to be, is the that word "carpmaster" is not part of the decal as it usually is on milwards rods, but is written in script on the blank. Also interestingly only the letters aster are left visible on the top of the rod bag. So is it a fake or did Milwards really make a carp rod?.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Re: Milwards Carpmaster

Post by AshbyCut »

There's mention of a "Carpmaster" in a listing in a 2010 auction ... no photos though :-

http://www.artfact.com/auction-lot/fish ... b86cf20909

(edited as I found a thread in here mentioning a Milbro Carp Master ... not a Milwards.)
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

PondLife
Perch

Post by PondLife »

AshbyCut wrote:There's mention of a "Carpmaster" in a listing in a 2010 auction ... no photos though :-

http://www.artfact.com/auction-lot/fish ... b86cf20909

(edited as I found a thread in here mentioning a Milbro Carp Master ... not a Milwards.)
I think that rod later appeared on ebay. If i remember i mentioned to the seller that i thought the rod was a fake for the same reasons i mentioned before and was told it was probably made as a one off special order. It also said in that listing that the rod was stepped up. Now i have i my collection a Milwards "spinmaster", and stepped is not the word for it. It's so powerful you could pole vault with it. I was also told at the time by a friend that the rod had been faked and he knew the person who had carried out the deed.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

pondlife wrote:Now i have i my collection a Milwards "spinmaster".
I am currently restoring a Milward's "Spincraft Major" which came to me with only one guide on the butt section, but I am adding another, as well as making the tip section with 6 guides as well as the original tip guide. I thnk it will be perfect for margins. :-

http://www.traditionalfisherman.co.uk/v ... 223&t=3144
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

PondLife
Perch

Post by PondLife »

AshbyCut wrote:
pondlife wrote:Now i have i my collection a Milwards "spinmaster".
I am currently restoring a Milward's "Spincraft Major" which came to me with only one guide on the butt section, but I am adding another, as well as making the tip section with 6 guides as well as the original tip guide. I thnk it will be perfect for margins. :-

http://www.traditionalfisherman.co.uk/v ... 223&t=3144
I was in my garage about 2 hrs go trying to find a 10.5ft Milwards floatcraft which i'm going to send away to be restored. At least i was until i got the the bottom sections jammed together. Anyway i digress, when i was rooting around in the garage trying to find the floatcraft in amongst about 70 other rods i came across A "Spincraft Major" i forgot i even had. It's nice rod , it would make a perfect margin rod for carp. Mine, like yours also needs restoring. I'm sure i will get around to it one day.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

pondlife wrote:I'm sure i will get around to it one day.
Glad to hear it, Sir. And I hope that the thread I have going will assist.

PondLife
Perch

Post by PondLife »

AshbyCut wrote:
pondlife wrote:I'm sure i will get around to it one day.
Glad to hear it, Sir. And I hope that the thread I have going will assist.
Apologies for not reading it earlier. I shall go it do it now. Hopefully it will inspire to make some progress on my "Spincradt major'. Hopefully i wont do what i normally do. strip the rod down and never get around to finishing it. I've got at least 20 rods who have suffered that fate and i don't want to add another one to the list.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

pondlife wrote:I shall go it do it now.
Excellent, Sir ... I would hate to be the only entrant in the 2013 TFF Spincraft Major National Championships !!! :wink:

(ps ... though that may be the only way I could win !!!)

JohnClyde
Perch

Post by JohnClyde »

Dear Lord father in heaven bestow on me your humble servant so many cane rods I later find a milwards I'd entirely forgotten I owned!

LuckyLuca
Barbel

Post by LuckyLuca »

johnclyde wrote:Dear Lord father in heaven bestow on me your humble servant so many cane rods I later find a milwards I'd entirely forgotten I owned!

Amen! :beg:
I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete.

Return to “Milwards Cane Rods”