Abshot Pond

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
Moley
Brown Trout

Abshot Pond

Post by Moley »

Well Helloooo, Fat Mole here, ha, ha, ha!

Lurking by the back door, Fatty ascertained the weather was going to be, less wet, cold and miserable than of late.

Handily Matron :Scared: had signed the Official Waffen Papieren allowing her recidivistic spouse time to get some fishing in.....it's all in the timing. :eyebrow:

Fatty only got lost twice on the journey to the pond, so not all bad then and softened by the discovery of a another decent chippie whose products met with the Mole approval.....oh yes!

The Ancient Mariner wanted yet another tilt at Abshot pond inspite of the massive failure last time out. He had decided that a pole was going to answer the blank from last time and thrash the Mole into subjugation......an unsustainable belief surely but more in hope :Thumb:

Armed with a selection of floats, a 13ft glass Match rod, a Daiwa 125 closed Face Reel and enough pies to feed an army or one Fat Mole, with Slurping tea at the ready off we jolly well go. Huzzah!

Several tench decided to visit Fatty:

s

These are the prettiest of the many that dropped by. :Hat:

Intermingled with these fine fish was a handfull of these:

This was the biggest and truly splendid.

The Ancient Mariner could only look on in disbelief and mounting frustration which erupted into full blown Anglo-Saxon expletives and final storming off back to Lee-on-Solent for a good sulk. Best not to laugh out loud too much.

Probably just leave him stewing in his own juices for a few days and then phone him to arrange another day out as though nowt has gone on. Long term friendships are a bit like an old marriage, with compromise and acceptance of each other and all the faults therein.......Fatty is faultless of course :Hat:

Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way....what a great song, so apt in the case of the Fat Mole and sung frequently, but badly, at every opportunity.

Matron :Scared: just does not know how lucky she is :Wink:

Returning home earlier than expected Fatty was happily in receipt of a fine curry made by his loving spouse and duly scoffed at great speed with not too many splatter marks upon himself or anyone else within a 5yd radius....so thoughtful. :Cool:

Fully replete is a good time to leave this tale, so:

As ever,....

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

GarryProcter
Arctic Char

Re: Abshot Pond

Post by GarryProcter »

Well done again Moley - but I do think it's time to slip a few gudgeon into this pond. Surely no one will notice, and I promise not to tell my mates at the EA.

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

The legend continues. In awe as ever :Hat:

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Tench, crucians, tea and laughs! Splendid Moley :Hat:

Carp Artist
Arctic Char

Post by Carp Artist »

A splendid day Moley and even better for finding a new chippie. :Wink: :Hat:
Not a fish was visible that first time I visited Beechmere; an utter
stillness brooded over the place and I felt the strange and sinister atmosphere which, so the story goes,
has been the cause of several suicides.’
BB – Confessions of a Carp Fisher

Wallyboy Rob
Chub
Location: On the Wally as often as possible ( Portsmouth area)

Post by Wallyboy Rob »

Well done Mr Mole, me thinks you have discovered a liking for this PDAS gem
going with the flow - You gotta luv them gonks

"There's no way you're going to get a quote from us to use on your book cover" Metropolitan Police spokesperson
from the back cover of Wall and piece - Banksy

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

As entertaining as ever Moley, a wonderful result after a previous failure! :Hat:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

GarryProcter wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 12:16 pm Well done again Moley - but I do think it's time to slip a few gudgeon into this pond. Surely no one will notice, and I promise not to tell my mates at the EA.

Stupid boy! This is a class A Crucian Water and I suspect the club would take a dim view of such illicit stocking
Dave Burr wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 1:06 pm The legend continues. In awe as ever :Hat:
The Ancient Mariner is known as a Leg-End mainly 'cos he can't catch a cold let alone a fish.....he used to be big in the carp world when catching them was an event. Not quite up with the true greats but famous enough to warrant being asked for autographs by the cogniscenti. Fatty meanwhile carries on scoffing, slurping, singing badly and wagglerising to the ignorati. One day my friend the Mole, for it is he will gain the recognition as the float fishing messiah he truly is.....some hope!
Liphook wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 1:32 pm Tench, crucians, tea and laughs! Splendid Moley :Hat:
If fishing, catching with tea, pies and laughs don't work for you then Golf may be the answer :eyebrow:

Glad you enjoy the mad world surrounding Fatty, Liphook but at my age it really is confusing at times. But as long as there are pies there will be a Mole scoffing them of that you can be assured!
Carp Artist wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 2:45 pm A splendid day Moley and even better for finding a new chippie. :Wink: :Hat:
A good Chippie is a thing of beauty and should be celebrated throughout the land and long may they continue to provide extra provender for Fatty.
Wallyboy Rob wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:21 pm Well done Mr Mole, me thinks you have discovered a liking for this PDAS gem
Funtley is next on the agenda but once the rivers open the Wally Brook and it's residents will be thrashed into submission by Fatty.....watch this space!!!
Lea Dweller wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:01 pm As entertaining as ever Moley, a wonderful result after a previous failure! :Hat:
The only failure by Fatty, last time was not catching the Cru's but made up for this shortfall by tench and roach. The Ancient Mariner, hence forth to be known as Mr Sulky pants is the one on the double Bogey :Wink:

But gladdend by the knowledge you enjoy the scrawl provided by Fatty just so long as you remember the simple mantra of Pies maketh the fishing!

As ever,....

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

Yet more little scamps came to see Fatty.......they can't help themselves.

Only fished for a short time whilst Matron :Scared: was terrifying the local Garden Centres for Bedding Plants!

Limited escape but fun whilst it lasted :Thumb:

Got a great feed at the chip shop too.

Can't be all bad A few Cru's and good scoff with the Beast satisfied with her plant purchases and the chance to scare the bejesus out of some poor erks in the gardening trade.

Give a Mole a fishing rod and he creates havoc amongst local fisheries....apologies to the give a man a fish charity adverts :Hahaha:

The singing gets better and better by the way; thanks for asking! :Hat:

As ever,........

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Well done Mr Mole Farnhams loss is Portsmouths gain :Notlisterning: :laugh1:
There was so much scoff on offer at the Wally that me and Lily didn't get a look in on your famous homemade pie.
We shall not make the same mistake this year if we can manage to prise a few crumbs from your paws!!!
:Hat: :cheers: :fishing1:

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”