getting closer....or not

This forum belongs to the River Trent.
TrentFisher
Crucian Carp

getting closer....or not

Post by TrentFisher »

Well after a couple of blank sessions chasing my favourite Chub on my local stretch of the Trent I thought today would be the day,in many ways it was but still no chub to grace my net......it was a nice morning and I soon had the feeder filled with liquidised bread with added grated luncheon meat hitting the required spot,the first bite came,,,a nice steady pull the strike was met with the pull of a fish then the line goes slack and the fish was lost!
The next hour was slow but the next bite arrived and this time the fish was mine a bream of about 5lb not quite the chub I was after,however in total I had 8 bites 2 lost fish but more importantly the knowing the fish are still there even though not always playing by the rules.....thats what makes fishing so great,another session already planned and tackle at the ready!

A happy Trentfisher

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Re: getting closer....or not

Post by Loop Erimder »

Got a fish though :Thumb: But I would rather the chub than the bream
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

TrentFisher
Crucian Carp

Post by TrentFisher »

me too Loop.another week of work,and the quest will start again!

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

I will have to get out again tomorrow as thats my last day off til boxing day, another part of the Soar tomorrow methinks for Mr Chub
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Return to “River Trent”