The Disgorger

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
Maggot's Dad

Re: The Disgorger

Post by Maggot's Dad »

Hi all, :hat:

I tend to use plastic these days.
Here's my current "in use" disgorger (I always have a minimum of three with me now!).
This ones an "Old Friend" (3 years!) and hasn't gotten lost due to my adaptations.
I may have "cracked it"! :huray:

When stuffed under the band of any hat worn, the rubber tubing stops it from sliding out and dropping into the river/mud/reeds/tall grass/doggy doo's etc, (I think you get the picture!) and the snap swivel allows me to clip it to a zinger on my bait bag when paddling!
It seems to work!

Ljm183,

That fork ended disgorger "stirred the little grey cells"!

Many moons ago (are we sitting comfortably?), in my childhood, I had one just like it. The only trouble was that mine was somewhere close to a foot long! :shocked: The stuff nightmares are made of!
I had this horrible thing with the intention of using it on any poor unsuspecting Pike that happened to fall foul of me!

Thankfully, I was a "crap" fisherman in those early years and didn't catch my first Pike until my mid "teens", by which time it had long since been enveloped by the mysteriously dusty depths of "My Old Dad's" shed! (probably ended up being used to stir paint ..... by far the best use for it!).

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

If plastic is acceptable here...it does float after all...then there is always the veritable Slammo:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SMALL-SLAMMO- ... 19c71a6dea

I know a chap who could make me one in cane....... :chuckle:

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Here is the brass one that I received last week. Two sizes, one at each end, it also unscrews to reveal a handy point to help unpicking knots etc.

Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

LuckyLuca
Barbel

Post by LuckyLuca »

Very nice Mark. Where pray tell did you purchase that?
I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete.

LuckyLuca
Barbel

Post by LuckyLuca »

Cheers Stu, ordered one!

Make that two :wink:
I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete.

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

Here are some disgorgers that I have accumulated over the years.(I don't collect them!) The forked ones on the right were the sort I used wayback when & could cause some serious damage to a deep hooked small perch. Mind you, we often used a bit of stick when we couldn't find one!
The one in the middle represents some serious decadence. It is a hallmarked silver one made for me by a friend.It has a hallmark of 2000 or the Queen's silver jubilee, but I can't remember which! Not one you wish to drop in 10ft of water.

Bob

"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

Maggot's Dad

Post by Maggot's Dad »

Bob Brookes wrote:Here are some disgorgers that I have accumulated over the years.(I don't collect them!) The forked ones on the right were the sort I used wayback when & could cause some serious damage to a deep hooked small perch. Mind you, we often used a bit of stick when we couldn't find one!
The one in the middle represents some serious decadence. It is a hallmarked silver one made for me by a friend.It has a hallmark of 2000 or the Queen's silver jubilee, but I can't remember which! Not one you wish to drop in 10ft of water.
Bob
Good Morning Sir, :hat:

very nice collection(?). I see a few that bring back memories for me!
I do like your hallmarked silver one ..... now there's a real touch of class! :thumb:

P.S.
the one on the extreme left.... does it seperate? It looks as if it might be the forerunner of the nice brass ones mentioned earlier.

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

Good morning Maggot's Dad,
The one one the left has a 'floatation jacket' around it. Clever devils!
Bob
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

Maggot's Dad, Apologies.
I have had another look at the one with the floatation collar, and it isn't! It is actually a hook sharpener, doh! It does screw apart and there it a knot picker, so wrong on 2 counts. That said, it is a better bit of kit than I thought so I think it will be going fishing with me again from now on.

Apart from that I was absolutely correct. I think I will put it down to slight over indulgence over Christmas and the consequent loss of a few more little grey cells.

May I be the first to wish you all a very Happy New Year.

Bob(I think)

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

[quote="Bob Brookes"]Here are some disgorgers that I have accumulated over the years.(I don't collect them!)

In my humble opinion, anybody with a disgorger over a year old is a collector, to have as many as you I'd class you as an expert and serious collector as mine usually last about five minutes :hat:

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”