Muddler Minnows!

General fly fishing chat area.
MWithell
Chub

Re: Muddler Minnows!

Post by MWithell »

Hmm. I really can't remember. What I do remember is wading down from the ford and fishing the pool a little way downstream. The fly fishing was elsewhere on the Ember so possibly where you say. I remember I fished at the downstream end, and it was the left bank looking downstream, but I can't remember exactly where it was or how you got to it. I think it might have been by a public footpath. We're saying nearly fifty years ago...
Malcolm

Catching lob-worms is one of the greater Outdoor Sports. It is the most hilarious game in the world (John C Moore)

Olly
Wild Carp

Re: Muddler Minnows!

Post by Olly »

The Ember was an offshoot of the Mole that separated in West Molesey near the QEII reservoir with the Mole flowing to the north of the Island Barn Reservoir and the Ember flowing to the south.
I fished the Ember at the end of Orchard Lane downstream. And the Mole from Ray Road downstream to the weir. Either side of the Island Barn. That was in the early 1960s, getting there by bike! The Ember splash, next to the East Molesey bridge over the R. Mole, was also fished standing on the weir apron.
It has now all changed following the flooding of East and West Molesey in 1967 I think it was. The Ember became a flood relief channel, the splash at Summer Road, seen a brilliant postcard of it in the '50s, disappeared and my angling colleague now lives on the Ember's banks.
Since the flood relief was made I have not been back!

Return to “General Fly Chat”