Abshot Pond

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Re: Abshot Pond

Post by Dave Burr »

Bobthefloat wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:24 pm Well done Mr Mole Farnhams loss is Portsmouths gain :Notlisterning: :laugh1:
There was so much scoff on offer at the Wally that me and Lily didn't get a look in on your famous homemade pie.
We shall not make the same mistake this year if we can manage to prise a few crumbs from your paws!!!
:Hat: :cheers: :fishing1:
Here's he plan Terry, you hold him down, Lily tickles him into submission and I'll grab the pies :Thumb:

Wallyboy Rob
Chub
Location: On the Wally as often as possible ( Portsmouth area)

Post by Wallyboy Rob »

:Ok:
Dave Burr wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:47 pm
Bobthefloat wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:24 pm Well done Mr Mole Farnhams loss is Portsmouths gain :Notlisterning: :laugh1:
There was so much scoff on offer at the Wally that me and Lily didn't get a look in on your famous homemade pie.
We shall not make the same mistake this year if we can manage to prise a few crumbs from your paws!!!
Here's he plan Terry, you hold him down, Lily tickles him into submission and I'll grab the pies :Thumb:
good plan batman
going with the flow - You gotta luv them gonks

"There's no way you're going to get a quote from us to use on your book cover" Metropolitan Police spokesperson
from the back cover of Wall and piece - Banksy

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Dave Burr wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:47 pm
:laugh1: :Thumb:

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

Abshot the return

Being Fat and generally regarded by the Females of the species as useless, getting a day pass from Waffen Kommand is easier than of yore. :Wink:

The Ancient Mariner, who is probably even more useless, needed a day out to celebrate still breathing, despite frequent attempts by all that know him to stop this annoying habit :Chuckle:

So over the next half an hour of debate over the phone Abshot was decided upon as the venue of choice!

Pies cooling nicely in their bespoke OXO tins, tackle in the car, slurping tea just right......We have lift off :Thumb:

The road to Abshot was fraught with road closures and a surfeit of idiot drivers who insist on cutting any one up who drives less than 70MPH and that includes 30mph zones; deep joy. There was a time when Fatty would play a very interesting game of Chicken with these pratts, with very few of them escaping to their satisfaction, but amused oneself and other observers. However, being old and a little more forgiving just let it slide nowadays.

Abshot finally hove too, parked and gear decamped to pond. AM was wandering aimlessly with dog up and down the lane, looking more gormless than ever. Still nothing a bullet wouldn't solve......is it kindness to let him carry on?

Rod on this occasion was a 16ft Sowerbutts pole rod, Aerial Pop and small waggler fished deep shallow with banded pellet. A coupla pies scoffed, tea slurped and all set, even before the AM could get his pole out the bag.....don't ask.

Tench numero uno came to see Fatty:

followed by twenty more of various sizes with these two deemed the biggest:

A good handfull of these liked the set up and decided to take a closer look at the twit holding the long rod:

With the final few fish of the roach persuasion dropping a clanger:

The AM caught a few rudd, by that you can read three with the highlight for Fatty being a mighty splashdown caused by AM, his dog, chair and pole all going in at once. Suffice to say the air turned distinctly salty with harsh words, tears and recriminations directed at the dog......Fatty had to take an impromtu stroll tohide the tears and sudden outbursts of laughter.

The AM was not best pleased and slunk off, rather squelchily, home :Hahaha:

And so another afternoon in Fatty World was prematurely brought to a close.

As ever, .......

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

GarryProcter
Arctic Char

Post by GarryProcter »

Well done Moley. I hope the tsunami that must have resulted from the AM, dog, tackle, etc. going in the pond, didn't sweep away any pies or cups of tea. But I expect he had the good grace to wait until the scoffing and slurping had finished, before taking to the water. I hear free swimming is all the rage nowadays. :Cool:

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

GarryProcter wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:46 pm Well done Moley. I hope the tsunami that must have resulted from the AM, dog, tackle, etc. going in the pond, didn't sweep away any pies or cups of tea. But I expect he had the good grace to wait until the scoffing and slurping had finished, before taking to the water. I hear free swimming is all the rage nowadays. :Cool:
The impromptu diving performance by the Ancient Mariner was not planned, with very little free swimming involved......just a senile old fool and his dog with tackle etc taking an early bath becuse he tripped over the long lead he uses to control said mutt :Chuckle:

Fortuitously no pies were harmed in this venture but slurping tea was spat out into the pond at the goings on on the other side of the pond. Fatty could not get the image of sheer confusion on both AM and Mutts fizzogs as they splashed competitively to extricate themselves from the mire, each idiot for himself :Hat:

Fishing with these two now has the expectation of some such idiocy occurring on a regular basis.......much better than the telly!

As ever,....

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Another chucklesome account of the modern-day Stan and Ollie. Thanks for the laughter Squire Moley, I shall wear a life jacket and tin helmet at the Gonk Do as you are obviously a danger to all in your vicinity.

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

Dave Burr wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:39 am Another chucklesome account of the modern-day Stan and Ollie. Thanks for the laughter Squire Moley, I shall wear a life jacket and tin helmet at the Gonk Do as you are obviously a danger to all in your vicinity.
Nowt to do with me Dave as this latest round of madness was entiriely due to the AM and his Mutt, they really are the comedians :Wink:

Do you remember Mr Pastry?

In this insatnce perhaps more apt. :Hat:

The AM is a walking disaster zone nowadays but Fatty remembers a time when he was a highly regarded Carpinista of note......albeit a long time ago.

Time can be unkind to some more than others. :Chuckle:

As ever,.....

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

Enjoyed that Moley,
Great fish and and a very entertaining read being a Pie loving fat bloke myself.
Tight lines and tight buttons... "Pop!"

Mr B
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Great tale, laugh and a lovely bag of "T and C's" :Hat:

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”