Lesney bread press.

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
Kevanf1
Arctic Char

Lesney bread press.

Post by Kevanf1 »

Normally these little bits of kit go for silly money, for what they are. I've been watching one on what a fellow forum member called 'the evil bay' (love that). It went this morning for £2.20. Not bad.

Has anybody every made their own version? Are they any better than squeezing a crust in between one's fingers?
Currently reading......Go Fishing For Bass and Go Fishing For Skate and Rays both by Graeme Pullen, The Kill Switch by James Rollins, Raspberry Pi Manual - Haynes, 'Make: Electronics by Charles Platt' & the 'Myford series 7 manual by Ian Bradley'

Davyr

Re: Lesney bread press.

Post by Davyr »

kevanf1 wrote: Are they any better than squeezing a crust in between one's fingers?
I don't think so, personally. I always prefer to use a roughly-torn bait, whether it's bread or meat. Neat cubes of bait don't feel quite right to me! I had two of those bread presses in my teens and they both got binned when the screws jammed.

Gurn
Chub

Post by Gurn »

I have Lesney bread press, but when fishing for chub I often use the top off of one of those flavoured milk(yazoo??) bottles. Cut a circle of Warburton's Medium Sliced out with one side of the top and remove, then place the bread disc on a flat surface and compress it with the other side of the bottle top. Works for me.

Woodytia
Crucian Carp

Post by Woodytia »

I've got one somewhere, I hardly use it. For bread flake I just pinch it on. For small hooks I use a little bread punch.

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”