In Praise of Fallon’s Angler

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
PeteD
Rudd

Re: In Praise of Fallon’s Angler

Post by PeteD »

Agree with everything that has been said. An excellent magazine. I try to ration myself when it arrives otherwise I have it all read in a couple of days. I have been buying it from day one and every issue is a gem. My only problem is I can't bring myself to get rid of the old issues and now we are on issue 32 and I am running out of shelf space.

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

My parcel arrived eventually but only after DPD delivered it to the wrong address and what seems like someone forging my signature!!!
The box had been opened but all was present and correct including some extra stunning fishing photographs which was nice of Garret :Hat:

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

Bobthefloat wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:00 pm Image
My parcel arrived eventually but only after DPD delivered it to the wrong address and what seems like someone forging my signature!!!
The box had been opened but all was present and correct including some extra stunning fishing photographs which was nice of Garret :Hat:
Ah young BtF Terry, Trevor, Hoff are you sure it was not one of your alter egos signing for your package from Garrett?

Anyways is it just an idle boast about your ability to write with a pen or pencil?

More like thick Crayon so accidental stabbing oneself in the eye causes less damage. Fatty wears glasses so avoids this problem :Hat:

Garrett is a nice fella but can be exceedingly loquacious after a pint and probably resents the story, one of many, he was relating about the days fishing and the loss of a large fish on the Kennet being ruined by a Fat Oaf saying there were no Great White Sharks in said river as far as he could ascertain.

When teased by said Oaf he replied 'I'm Irish ......what do you expect'

A fair point, but he still refuses to write about this story in spite of frequent requests to do so by Fat Bloke.

Garrett can often be viewed holding forth in a bar near St. Paul's, his natural habitat.

As ever,......

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Moley wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:10 am
Bobthefloat wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:00 pm Image
Ah young BtF Terry, Trevor, Hoff are you sure it was not one of your alter egos signing for your package from Garrett?

Anyways is it just an idle boast about your ability to write with a pen or pencil?

More like thick Crayon so accidental stabbing oneself in the eye causes less damage. Fatty wears glasses so avoids this problem :Hat:

Garrett is a nice fella but can be exceedingly loquacious after a pint and probably resents the story, one of many, he was relating about the days fishing and the loss of a large fish on the Kennet being ruined by a Fat Oaf saying there were no Great White Sharks in said river as far as he could ascertain.

When teased by said Oaf he replied 'I'm Irish ......what do you expect'

A fair point, but he still refuses to write about this story in spite of frequent requests to do so by Fat Bloke.

Garrett can often be viewed holding forth in a bar near St. Paul's, his natural habitat.

As ever,......

Moley
You may be right Mr Mole as we've now found out from the courier that the scallywag was wearing " an exquisite leather hat".
I'm not allowed crayons anymore as I keep on eating them which in turn gives me awful colourful language.
I'm only allowed to express myself via etch a sketch these days ( obviously under the wife's supervision)

:Hat:

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

Eating crayons could make you wax lyrical over many topics.

With your Etch a Sketch are you as dextrous as the character on the film Elf?

With regard to one of your leather hatted alter egos signing for your mail, just as well it was just fishing magazines and not the more exotic variety used to make the long days in Littlehampton (an unfortunate name if there ever was one!) seem less tedious. Also the new Gimp Suit might have been the cause of much recrimination if it fell into the wrong hands through delivery error.

On a lighter note will we be graced by your presence at the Winter Wally or will you step aside and let the true angler of your family participate?

Parental duties eat into Angling time like no other as you are discovering. Have you purchased every member of your family a hat like yours......it would certainly be a talking point in the town, as you and yours parade along the sea front. Still very nice cafe there, if a bit pricey.

The chip shop over looking the harbour on the town side is good too.....oh yes. But watch out for the diving Gulls.

Take care amongst those Gorjas.

As ever,....

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Moley wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:16 am Eating crayons could make you wax lyrical over many topics.

With your Etch a Sketch are you as dextrous as the character on the film Elf?

With regard to one of your leather hatted alter egos signing for your mail, just as well it was just fishing magazines and not the more exotic variety used to make the long days in Littlehampton (an unfortunate name if there ever was one!) seem less tedious. Also the new Gimp Suit might have been the cause of much recrimination if it fell into the wrong hands through delivery error.

On a lighter note will we be graced by your presence at the Winter Wally or will you step aside and let the true angler of your family participate?

Parental duties eat into Angling time like no other as you are discovering. Have you purchased every member of your family a hat like yours......it would certainly be a talking point in the town, as you and yours parade along the sea front. Still very nice cafe there, if a bit pricey.

The chip shop over looking the harbour on the town side is good too.....oh yes. But watch out for the diving Gulls.

Take care amongst those Gorjas.

As ever,....

Moley
:Hahaha: yes I will be joining the gang for the winter jolly Mr Mole and a few of us will be having a pint and a bit of grub in the local public house afterwards if you care to join us.

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”