At The Waters Edge

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
MarkG
Grayling

At The Waters Edge

Post by MarkG »

A Fisherman's Progress around Britain by Benjamin Perkins. I bought this more for the illustrations all done by the author and there are a lot of them, not just of fishing but birds and plants as well. Well worth the £3 I paid just for those. I haven't read it yet but from a brief glimpse looks like worth a read as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Re: At The Waters Edge

Post by Bobthefloat »

MarkG wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:16 am A Fisherman's Progress around Britain by Benjamin Perkins. I bought this more for the illustrations all done by the author and there are a lot of them, not just of fishing but birds and plants as well. Well worth the £3 I paid just for those. I haven't read it yet but from a brief glimpse looks like worth a read as well.
A bargain!

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

MarkG wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:16 am A Fisherman's Progress around Britain by Benjamin Perkins. I bought this more for the illustrations all done by the author and there are a lot of them, not just of fishing but birds and plants as well. Well worth the £3 I paid just for those. I haven't read it yet but from a brief glimpse looks like worth a read as well.
Yes! Just got one.... 20p! Rounded up to £3.00 with postage.

Thanks for letting us know.
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

MarkG
Grayling

Post by MarkG »

Bobthefloat wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:05 am
A bargain!
Yep, lucky Bob, there is a good antique place that has a good selection of books in the back and a couple of shelves of fishing books, the owner fishes himself. Funny there was no price on it and I asked the assistant how much and he said £3. Just then the owner walked over and said drat, or words to that effect, I was going to sell that for a fiver, we had a laugh and a chat about fishing, but always a good place to buy a bargain, he never over charges.
Last edited by MarkG on Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MarkG
Grayling

Post by MarkG »

Mr B wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:56 pm

I don't think you will be disappointed Mr. B, not with the illustrations at least, I think they are wonderful, lets us know what you think when you get it..

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

MarkG wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:02 pm
Mr B wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:56 pm

I don't think you will be disappointed Mr. B, not with the illustrations at least, I think they are wonderful, lets us know what you think when you get it..
I got the book over a week ago now, cracking book for the pictures alone! (Could cut them out and frame them!)
Well worth it!!!!
Its time to read and fo every thing we want.. how folks get bored I never know.
The next day I ordered the book by the same title by our own Martin James... another fantastic read...
Makes it all the more special when you know the author.
Highly recommended.
Thanks for your post.

Mr B
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

MarkG
Grayling

Post by MarkG »

Glad you liked it...

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”