Edgar Healy trout fly cane rod

The Edgar Sealey & Sons Ltd Rods forum.
MarkG
Grayling

Edgar Healy trout fly cane rod

Post by MarkG »

Spotted a two piece fly cane rod for £25 yesterday. It was about 8ft. The problem was it had no identification marks on it but the rod bag had the Edgar Healy logo on it with the address of the company etc. Should I trust the rod is a genuine Edgar and how much would it detract the value without the identification marks or were these rods made without identification marks.
Thanks --MarkG

Scott
Tench

Re: Edgar Healy trout fly cane rod

Post by Scott »

At £25 you can't go wrong really what ever the rod's branding... :Hat:

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

Scott wrote:At £25 you can't go wrong really what ever the rod's branding... :Hat:
My thoughts exactly Scott :Hat:

MarkG
Grayling

Post by MarkG »

Had another look today and got it all wrong, it is a three piece about 9ft. Still has old ceramic rings on it (don't know if they were original for this model) and the handle looks like it could do with some work and it looks as if someones heavily re varnished it in the past, there are some run blobs on it so maybe this has obscured any motif it may have had. Had another look at the label and it had Octopus written on it but after looking up it appears a lot of Sealy rods had this. Its definitely a fly rod though, got the screw in the bottom. Anyway, I buried at the back of the junk shop so maybe its still there tomorrow when I have some cash.

Return to “Edgar Sealey & Sons Ltd Cane Rods”