Is it me......

This forum is for discussing pike.
Invicta

Re: Is it me......

Post by Invicta »

Apart from one Jack I have not had a sniff for weeks having tried lots of different places. I think they have been made into fishcakes :shocked:

JAA

Post by JAA »

Invicta wrote:Apart from one Jack I have not had a sniff for weeks having tried lots of different places. I think they have been made into fishcakes :shocked:
I baked a 4lb pike in a fire last year, caught from a spring fed stew pond and it was fabulous, I've had worse from the chippy. Potatoes baked in the same fire as well. :drool:

(We had to remove the pike anyway and we'd a fire from the spring ground clearance) :Cool:

Tizer
Chub

Post by Tizer »

Just got back from my 17th blank,out again tomorrow,fingers crossed

Aquaerial
Chub

Post by Aquaerial »

Keep at it Tizer..you will find them eventually. Mobility is better than any 'developed rig' ever tied....dedication you have already found.
I put in 30 hours over the weekend in diamond hard conditions for this.
Resevoir Bream.JPG
Why? because 11 other anglers gave up and went home after 12 hours and whilst I felt that I was on a hiding to nothing I also knew that any targeted fish in adverse conditions is a victory...and so it was.
Good luck for tomorrow.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aquaerial
But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have

Tizer
Chub

Post by Tizer »

Aquaerial wrote:Keep at it Tizer..you will find them eventually. Mobility is better than any 'developed rig' ever tied....dedication you have already found.
I put in 30 hours over the weekend in diamond hard conditions for this.
Resevoir Bream.JPG
Why? because 11 other anglers gave up and went home after 12 hours and whilst I felt that I was on a hiding to nothing I also knew that any targeted fish in adverse conditions is a victory...and so it was.
Good luck for tomorrow.
Thanks for kind words,just got back ,another blank,came home early,I had a phone call from a old boy back home (he don't get out much these days and I think he does his fishing though me if you know what I mean) He rings 2/3 times a week for a hour at a time ,after that the bailiff turned up and chatted for a couple of hours,my day dreaming about the big one was shattered after that. Still the seagulls had a good time on the sprats and sandwichs,happy days,Out on Thursday next. The best bit of advice I could give anyone is that if you have access to a marina FISH IT.

Return to “Pike (Esox lucius)”