Allcocks Viking

The Allcocks Rods forum.
Mark
Head Bailiff

Allcocks Viking

Post by Mark »

Does anyone know anything about the Allcocks Viking rod, I don't want to purchase one but some info would be nice.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... SS:GB:1123
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

J.T
Catfish

Re: Allcocks Viking

Post by J.T »

Well I can tell you they were minty apparently... :chuckle:
"piscator non solum piscatur"

Gurn
Chub

Post by Gurn »

I always thought these had a greenheart tip section, shows what I know.

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

I think the early ones might have Gurn.
I've seen these described as a barbel rod before now, but I'm not sure what they'd do with a modern day, pellet fed Boris, myself.

Champ
Chub

Post by Champ »

One of the cheaper rods in the range.No mention of split cane tips that i could find.Greenheart in my cats, possibly glass tips later if the rod is still around?.Two lengths 10 ft 6 ins and 12 feet.

I have one that needs a total refurb.I may try myself as i cant justify the cost of someone else doing it.The bag that mine came in is i am sure correct.It has just one section for the three sections to fit in.

An Isis the next rod up in the cats came my way a couple years ago.This one has been restored though has two split cane tops.I reckon these are replacements as i am sure that the Isis originally had greenheart or later glass tops.This one is a nice rod to fish with and is better with its new cane tops i suspect.

Both the Viking and the Isis were sold as popular priced bottom rods.And would have been used for general float fishing and light ledgering.The shorter top that came with the Isis was for spinning and ledgering.

SeanM
Tench

Post by SeanM »

Yes, the Isis had greenheart tops. I don't know if it was produced with a glass top though. I'm about to start an Isis and will probably go the cane route with mine.
Quot homines, tot sententiae.

Return to “Allcocks Cane Rods”