Pictures of Craftversa's

The Milwards Rods forum.
Roachtench
Ruffe

Re: Pictures of Craftversa's

Post by Roachtench »

I can help out Lucky Strike with two of the versions you mention.
I’ve finally replied to your message -0 sorry for the delay but I am an as and when visitor to the forum.
all best

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Sad that this thread has been ruined by the Tinypic/Photobucket blackmail.

I now know of six of these original rods and we have only just discovered that Milwards 'cheated' with the transfer on every one of them!

They appear to have cobbled the rod name transfer up from two other transfers. Surely they couldn't have been that expensive to have made?

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Post by PershoreHarrier »

Nobby wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:21 am Sad that this thread has been ruined by the Tinypic/Photobucket blackmail.

I now know of six of these original rods and we have only just discovered that Milwards 'cheated' with the transfer on every one of them!

They appear to have cobbled the rod name transfer up from two other transfers. Surely they couldn't have been that expensive to have made?
I have just replaced the photographs of my Craftversa on here this morning Nobby by transferring the original file to the current host.

Aquaerial
Chub

Post by Aquaerial »

PershoreHarrier wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:55 am My thanks to Andrew Davis who has waved his magic wand over my Craftversa and brought it back to superb condition to ensure many more years of active service.

The original butt ring and tip rings have been retained whilst the intermediate rings which were black have been replaced with new black rings which are pretty much identical to the originals which I have retained for historic purposes.

I hope to encounter some obliging Tench and Crucians later in the year.ImageImageImage
The sticker appears to be complete and not the usual cut and paste version? Did they eventually make some?
Aquaerial
But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Post by PershoreHarrier »

Aquaerial wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:04 pm
PershoreHarrier wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:55 am My thanks to Andrew Davis who has waved his magic wand over my Craftversa and brought it back to superb condition to ensure many more years of active service.

The original butt ring and tip rings have been retained whilst the intermediate rings which were black have been replaced with new black rings which are pretty much identical to the originals which I have retained for historic purposes.

I hope to encounter some obliging Tench and Crucians later in the year.ImageImageImage
The sticker appears to be complete and not the usual cut and paste version? Did they eventually make some?
I can confirm that under the magnifying glass it does appear to be a cut and paste version.

Aquaerial I shall be bringing the Craftversa and Swimversa with me to Norfolk this year for a weeks holiday on the Broads at Sutton.

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Some of the transfers seem a little tidier than others. This is mine:

There should have been a black edge to the left of the C and a red scroll below it....I'm guessing what is there was cut from Floatcraft transfer or similar.

There does appear to be a bit of a red scroll on Pershore Harriers rod!

Aquaerial
Chub

Post by Aquaerial »

Nobby wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:43 pm Some of the transfers seem a little tidier than others. This is mine:

There should have been a black edge to the left of the C and a red scroll below it....I'm guessing what is there was cut from Floatcraft transfer or similar.

There does appear to be a bit of a red scroll on Pershore Harriers rod!

Similar to mine Nobby..thanks for the help with the pic :Hat:
Aquaerial

Aquaerial
Chub

Post by Aquaerial »

PershoreHarrier wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:21 pm
Aquaerial wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:04 pm

I can confirm that under the magnifying glass it does appear to be a cut and paste version.

Aquaerial I shall be bringing the Craftversa and Swimversa with me to Norfolk this year for a weeks holiday on the Broads at Sutton.
Just get in touch with dates and if I'm about we'll catch some fish! it will be a pleasure to meet you after all this time.
Aquaerial

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

All right, all right, some of us are feeling a little left out! :mrgreen:
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Many years ago I created these two images which you can lift and print onto transfer paper. I wouldn't normally put something like this online but now that we know the 'real thing' was cut and paste job it will be obvious if anyone used my image for deception as it isn't.
milwards transfer upper smaller.jpg
You'll need this too:

You will probably want to print these at 60% of full image size to get the right size.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Milwards Cane Rods”