Fishing Huts

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Mark99
Perch

Fishing Huts

Post by Mark99 »

This unusual book goes for very high prices. I wish I had seen it before I built my fishing hut - for a bit of inspiration. Instead I searched the internet for other peoples general huts. :Chuckle:

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Re: Fishing Huts

Post by Dave Burr »

I think it would cost you a lot of your hard-earned to build some of the salmon huts I've seen. That great divide between the game angler of old and the lowly coarse chappies is never clearer than when you seek shelter for a cup of tea.

Bayleaf
Gudgeon

Post by Bayleaf »

I used to fish the Eaton Socon stretch of the Great Ouse, Luton Angling Club, and they had a great little hut built along the lines of a rural bus stop. Dad and I would always take lunch there, generally involved a cold, hard boiled egg and sarnies.

Russell Howard Brown
Ruffe

Post by Russell Howard Brown »

I've built quite a few wooden fishing huts at my club lake in Rickmansworth.Perspex windows,bench seat,work top,shelving and all very cosy.Sat on a concrete plinth prevents weeds and ivy taking hold.Easy job to simply strim round the concrete.Painted with used engine oil for a bit of protection from the elements.One one occasion a member was fishing with his good lady who needed a wee so disappeared behind the freshly oiled shed.At home later that evening getting undressed,in the mirror she saw her two black and oily bum cheeks where she'd 'assumed the position' against the back of the shed......Marvelous πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘

Mark99
Perch

Post by Mark99 »

Dave Burr wrote: ↑Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:28 am I think it would cost you a lot of your hard-earned to build some of the salmon huts I've seen. That great divide between the game angler of old and the lowly coarse chappies is never clearer than when you seek shelter for a cup of tea.
True. I used a stone salmon fishing hut on the River Dee. The ghillie made the tea and tended the open fire. Awesome hut - would have made a good cottage!

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Mark99 wrote: ↑Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:54 am
Dave Burr wrote: ↑Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:28 am I think it would cost you a lot of your hard-earned to build some of the salmon huts I've seen. That great divide between the game angler of old and the lowly coarse chappies is never clearer than when you seek shelter for a cup of tea.
True. I used a stone salmon fishing hut on the River Dee. The ghillie made the tea and tended the open fire. Awesome hut - would have made a good cottage!
I can think of worse places to live .

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

Russell Howard Brown wrote: ↑Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:45 pm I've built quite a few wooden fishing huts at my club lake in Rickmansworth.Perspex windows,bench seat,work top,shelving and all very cosy.Sat on a concrete plinth prevents weeds and ivy taking hold.Easy job to simply strim round the concrete.Painted with used engine oil for a bit of protection from the elements.One one occasion a member was fishing with his good lady who needed a wee so disappeared behind the freshly oiled shed.At home later that evening getting undressed,in the mirror she saw her two black and oily bum cheeks where she'd 'assumed the position' against the back of the shed......Marvelous πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

A revised edition of that book is required now you have built yours Mark :Hat:

Mark99
Perch

Post by Mark99 »

Liphook wrote: ↑Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:05 pm A revised edition of that book is required now you have built yours Mark :Hat:
Why thank you sir. The amount of people passing in the lane that ask am I renting it out. :Chuckle: It's got no toilet and planning consent forbids anyhow. Not that I would - it's for us and mates.

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Some things are best kept that way Mark :Thumb:

Return to β€œFishing Books and Magazines”