Repurposed Float Tubes

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
Old Man River
Eel

Repurposed Float Tubes

Post by Old Man River »

I have had a brass tube with a screw top hanging around in my workshop for a , ahem, “few” years, thinking it would come in handy for something eventually.
Having a clear out recently I had a brainwave and these appeared at about the same time the tube vanished .

ImageImage.

I am no leatherworker, so just did my best with the tube cap, which was made from leather from an old briefcase ,they were covered in some black leather from an old coat that SWMBO was throwing away, so in all outlay was nil.

I will say that my fingers have more holes in them than a colander after trying to sew the thick leather cap.

David
Hurrumph....... whatever happened to Handlines ?

Coral Maestro
Chub

Re: Repurposed Float Tubes

Post by Coral Maestro »

Those look rather smart. Well done!
What do they know of fishing who know only one fish and one way to fish for him?
- Jack Hargreaves.

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

Very nice too David. :Thumb:
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

Lovely work there David, a true touch of class.

Ooooops, and there's me sending you my creations on the Santa Christmas Float swap!
Bamboo float tube with a wine cork stop!
👍🤣🤣🤣
Mr B
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Very swish.

Old Man River
Eel

Post by Old Man River »

Mr B wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:36 pm Lovely work there David, a true touch of class.

Ooooops, and there's me sending you my creations on the Santa Christmas Float swap!
👍🤣🤣🤣
Mr B
Your Bamboo float tube had an outing last week Mark,although I must admit I did not use any of your floats, they are in my artisans float collection box.

I have been increasingly thinking that I, and maybe some others take far too many floats, indeed too much tackle in general for a few hours fishing . Your tube fills a gap for me that needed filling, and it does the job admirably :Thumb:

David

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

Old Man River wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:58 pm
Mr B wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:36 pm Lovely work there David, a true touch of class.

👍🤣🤣🤣
Mr B
Your Bamboo float tube had an outing last week Mark,although I must admit I did not use any of your floats, they are in my artisans float collection box.

I have been increasingly thinking that I, and maybe some others take far too many floats, indeed too much tackle in general for a few hours fishing . Your tube fills a gap for me that needed filling, and it does the job admirably :Thumb:

David
I had to second read that last paragraph……… :Wink:
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Old Man River
Eel

Post by Old Man River »

Pallenpool wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:08 pm

👍🤣🤣🤣
Mr B

David
I had to second read that last paragraph……… :Wink:
Ouch ,

:Chuckle: :Chuckle:

David

Crucian
Eel

Post by Crucian »

Very nice work :Hat:

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

👍🤣🤣🤣
Mr B

David
Morning David,
I'm glad you have taken it out and used it thats what its for.
And my floats proudly sitting with some friends in your artisan float box, how about that!
I agree with you, we take far to much fishing most of the time.
A couple of months ago I fished most of the day with 1 float, a float rubber, two shots and a hook.... but I had van load of extras!
My latest "Made it quick" float tube takes just two floats! (Its just a small one 🤣)

Tight lines

Mr B.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”