STUART'S NEW BOOK

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Bob Brookes
Zander

STUART'S NEW BOOK

Post by Bob Brookes »

The Stuart in question is my son, who some on here will have met. He is not what we generally refer to as a 'Traditional Angler', but he has been brought up by me to follow traditional values in his life and his fishing. He has caught a 40lb plus carp from Savay on a B. James Mk1V cane rod using a centrepin, so in my mind that qualifies him!

Over 10 years ago he published a book called Beyond the Green Gate, which chronicled his fishing in the Colne Valley before HS2 blighted it. That book sold out and is considered a classic carp fishing book, fetching big sums on the aftermarket. He has just released his much anticipated follow up book, 'Hiding in the Long Grass' that he has dedicated to me. Although much of the book is about carp fishing there is more fishing of a general nature, often with me. Crucians, barbel, pike and other species are playing an important part of his fishing again and we are increasingly spending more time on the bank together.

Stu took redundancy from Boots earlier this year and has set up his own publishing company, DaveDog Publications. Both books are now available, as the first has now reprinted. We have a rather exciting project that we are working on together which will hopefully be finished and available in 2024. I wish him well as he has had the courage to do something that I never did, working for himself!
www.hidinginthelonggrass.co.uk

I attach a few pictures from his book as a taster of the contents.

Last edited by Bob Brookes on Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Re: STUART'S NEW BOOK

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Absolutely fantastic Bob, you have every right to be proud.
Best wishes to Stuart on his venture. If he puts as much time and effort into his new job as he does fishing, he will be a success, that's for sure.

Wal.

Polecat
Gudgeon

Post by Polecat »

Courage indeed! Good luck, I hope he succeeds.

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Despite the pictures of you in the book Bob, can you please give me a link to his sales? I cannot find it on the intergoogle and fell off his facebook page.

:Hat:

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

Dave Burr wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:10 pm Despite the pictures of you in the book Bob, can you please give me a link to his sales? I cannot find it on the intergoogle and fell off his facebook page.

I haven’t asked Mark for permission to link to Stu’s sales site, so I shall message you separately.
Bob
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

Paul F
Sea Trout

Post by Paul F »

Well done Stuart & Bob :Hat:

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Bob Brookes wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:20 pm
Dave Burr wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:10 pm Despite the pictures of you in the book Bob, can you please give me a link to his sales? I cannot find it on the intergoogle and fell off his facebook page.

I haven’t asked Mark for permission to link to Stu’s sales site, so I shall message you separately.
Bob
Cheers m'dear.

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

Well done to Stuart for taking the leap into the unknown, I wish him all the best with his new book and venture…. :Hat:
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Crucian
Eel

Post by Crucian »

What a lovely dedication Bob, you must be very proud.

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Bob Brookes wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:20 pm

Bob
Feel free to put the link up Bob. :Hat:
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”