The Meuse in Verdun.

This forum belongs to the other rivers.
Cat
Chub

The Meuse in Verdun.

Post by Cat »

Evening All, we've just returned from France having trudged across various Great War battlefields (surely, what every woman wants for a holiday!) as a treat following elder one graduating and getting a job and younger one getting Uni place. Stayed in Les Jardins du Mess in Verdun for a couple of nights, a hotel with the Meuse at its front and an arm of it around the gardens at the back. Oh the chub! Absolutely fascinating to watch, and I did ask a member of staff to see if I could get a day permit (in my very average French). However, although he enquired, apparently not. Perhaps worth a look and more enquiry if 'passing' and your French is a bit more fluent than mine. As well as big chub in abundance, there are pike lurking in the shadows, and big shadows below, possibly carp due to size, or very big bream. Fisherman's paradise! Picked up a very nice 304 at the obligatory Brocante, a Minenwerfer case, and one of those live bait cans - Mrs Dragon not overly impressed with any of them. Regards Cat

Return to “Other Rivers”