SK is making videos for Pdas

Watched a good fishing film lately, why not talk about it in here.
Wallys-Cast
Pike

Re: SK is making videos for Pdas

Post by Wallys-Cast »

RBTraditional wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:42 am
Wallys-Cast wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:38 am I found my camera picks up background noise making it seem louder than it really was. Maybe the recording noise could be filtered out.
I think we filter out certain noises naturally but road noise is much worse these days, grippier tyres have definitely increased it. I remember years ago Rolls Royce refusing to fit radial tyres because of the extra noise.
Wal.
Which model did you go for Wal…? :Wink: :Hahaha:
I went for the Ford Cortina Rob, sod the noise, I wanted a good quality car. :Chuckle:

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Jeremy Croxall wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:09 pm I couldn't watch it because of traffic noise, it spoils what should be a pleasant and calming viewing experience.
I get that, but it's a wonderful place to fish, and seems a shame not to share an experience there for the sake of the odd car. That said, we all have choices, that's the wonderful thing about all this. I can choose whether to film there or not, you can choose whether to watch it or not, it's really all down to preferences. A lot of folk enjoyed it, so it was definitely worth while.
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

DaceAce
Eel

Post by DaceAce »

The Sweetcorn Kid wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:36 pm
Jeremy Croxall wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:09 pm I couldn't watch it because of traffic noise, it spoils what should be a pleasant and calming viewing experience.
I get that, but it's a wonderful place to fish, and seems a shame not to share an experience there for the sake of the odd car. That said, we all have choices, that's the wonderful thing about all this. I can choose whether to film there or not, you can choose whether to watch it or not, it's really all down to preferences. A lot of folk enjoyed it, so it was definitely worth while.
The art of film making is to capture the visual side and sort out the sound which is a massive challenge, sometimes expensive in time, equipment and software, and tricky but ultimately possible; it's not called sound engineering for nothing. That way the experience is vastly improved.

DaceAce
Eel

Post by DaceAce »

I downloaded your video and put it through Audacity - not ideal as it's had music added plus the sound is single tracked - and managed to find a segment of mainly traffic noise. I 'taught' Audacity the noise profile then processed it on noise reduction, Definitely a massive improvement though it probably distorts the [unnecessary!] music.

If I was doing this properly I'd start with the base sound track, redo the voice, and working with a base birdsong background, add in playing fish sounds etc.

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

DaceAce wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:56 am I downloaded your video and put it through Audacity - not ideal as it's had music added plus the sound is single tracked - and managed to find a segment of mainly traffic noise. I 'taught' Audacity the noise profile then processed it on noise reduction, Definitely a massive improvement though it probably distorts the [unnecessary!] music.

If I was doing this properly I'd start with the base sound track, redo the voice, and working with a base birdsong background, add in playing fish sounds etc.
But then its not "Live"... its manufactured... at least he's making content and thats whats important... if you don't like it, you don't have to watch it...🤷‍♂️
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

DaceAce
Eel

Post by DaceAce »

Aitch wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:14 pm
DaceAce wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:56 am I downloaded your video and put it through Audacity - not ideal as it's had music added plus the sound is single tracked - and managed to find a segment of mainly traffic noise. I 'taught' Audacity the noise profile then processed it on noise reduction, Definitely a massive improvement though it probably distorts the [unnecessary!] music.

But then its not "Live"... its manufactured... at least he's making content and thats whats important... if you don't like it, you don't have to watch it...🤷‍♂️
It's already manufactured because it has a music track added. Put the right microphones in the right place and it would need little work.

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

DaceAce wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:14 pm
Aitch wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:14 pm

It's already manufactured because it has a music track added. Put the right microphones in the right place and it would need little work.
I await your next masterpiece with baited breath...
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Luga00
Brown Trout

Post by Luga00 »

There are so many dry, soulless and frankly unimaginative fishing videos that proliferate Youtube. Your videos have been consistently evocative, professional and beautiful to watch, Stu, so please continue making them. I, for one, regularly check up on whether there is anything new from you.
Russ

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

Really liked that, good to see plenty of fish, and a variety, in a small stream.
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Luga00 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:14 am There are so many dry, soulless and frankly unimaginative fishing videos that proliferate Youtube. Your videos have been consistently evocative, professional and beautiful to watch, Stu, so please continue making them. I, for one, regularly check up on whether there is anything new from you.
Russ
Thank you my friend. I will. :Hat:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Return to “Fishing Films”