SK is making videos for Pdas

Watched a good fishing film lately, why not talk about it in here.
Andyman
Bleak

Re: SK is making videos for Pdas

Post by Andyman »

Some unkind comments but I also look out for your content. Subscribe to the channel and enjoy majority.
I did react badly to your first "unboxing" video but just don't watch them anymore. Everyone has that choice.
Keep up the great traditional work.
It's All Too Beautiful but Keep on Rocking in the Free World

DaceAce
Eel

Post by DaceAce »

The Sweetcorn Kid wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:34 am
DaceAce wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:14 pm
Aitch wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:14 pm
DaceAce wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:56 am I downloaded your video and put it through Audacity - not ideal as it's had music added plus the sound is single tracked - and managed to find a segment of mainly traffic noise. I 'taught' Audacity the noise profile then processed it on noise reduction, Definitely a massive improvement though it probably distorts the [unnecessary!] music.

If I was doing this properly I'd start with the base sound track, redo the voice, and working with a base birdsong background, add in playing fish sounds etc.
But then its not "Live"... its manufactured... at least he's making content and thats whats important... if you don't like it, you don't have to watch it...🤷‍♂️
It's already manufactured because it has a music track added. Put the right microphones in the right place and it would need little work.
I await your next masterpiece with baited breath...
I'll let you know if I ever make a masterpiece so don't wait with bated breath. All my videos are a work in progress. In five years I've made over 200 videos and I hope I'm slowly getting better; I've learnt to leave out the crappy music, to mix up the camera angles, and to get the sound as good as I can, and to practise as much as possible. The biggest aid would be a skilled camera/sound guy but that is unlikely to happen. I'm starting to delete my earliest videos as quite frankly they're not up to scratch and deserve remaking to a higher standard. Don't take criticism personally it's through taking a critical look that improvement will come. I did IT for over 30 years and the standards were exacting to say the least, with multiple reviews of all work.

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

I get that, all of it, but this isn't a platform for critique, is it? You tend to scrutinise everything. Maybe take a back seat once in a while, appreciate the effort someone has put in and give them a gentlemanly pat on the back, instead of your two penneth on how it could have been done better.

I'm sorry if this comes across poorly, it's not meant to, just perhaps my own take on critique. I'm hardly here these days, haven't been for years, so I guess I don't really have a voice anymore. But, it does seem that some things never change.
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

Well Fat Bloke likes your videos so keep at it and yah boo and sucks to the 'gainsayers.

Fatty admires anyone who can wield a camera properly. Well done SK.

Only one piece of advice for the future.......more pies should be featured. Apart from that brilliant.

As ever,.....

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

JAA
Crucian Carp

Post by JAA »

The Sweetcorn Kid wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:55 am I get that, all of it, but this isn't a platform for critique, is it? You tend to scrutinise everything. Maybe take a back seat once in a while, appreciate the effort someone has put in and give them a gentlemanly pat on the back, instead of your two penneth on how it could have been done better.

I'm sorry if this comes across poorly, it's not meant to, just perhaps my own take on critique. I'm hardly here these days, haven't been for years, so I guess I don't really have a voice anymore. But, it does seem that some things never change.
If amateurs produce something for themselves and show it on the forum then I'd argue it's polite to either say you like it or say perhaps say nothing, or like my late father-in-law, find some aspect of it one might be positive about.

If you're making a product, something which is either paid for or intended to raise revenue for the maker (like YouTube videos or magazine articles) then criticism of 'said product is part of the gig.

Anyone who's sampled 'said product is entitled to their opinion and to pass it on - quite why anyone involved with any aspect of fishing thinks the rules of commerce don't apply to their special products I don't know.

:Hat:
¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸,.·´¯ ><(((º>
Cole aka JAA
https://crucians.org/
https://www.anotherangler.net/

Return to “Fishing Films”