Help with identification if possible!

A forum to show any of your restored or built traditional fishing reels.
Tonytoned
Arctic Char

Help with identification if possible!

Post by Tonytoned »

Hello Everyone

I purchased this Centrepin reel from a charity shop today and wondered what make it was. I thought it might be a Strike Right reel, but I might stand corrected. I would appreciate your thoughts and thank you for your time.

The spool is made from aluminium and 4-1/8 of an inch diameter.

Tony :Hat:
Last edited by Tonytoned on Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dave F
Grayling

Re: Help with identification if possible!

Post by Dave F »

It is a Strike Right, but I'm not sure what model. I have a "Tideflo" ; "Aduraflo De-Luxe" ; "Ultraflo" and a "Hydraflo". All have riveted "id" discs on the backplate. None look like your reel.

Mr.B may know......
Oh to be at my “Happy Place” where nothing matters but the being there.

Tonytoned
Arctic Char

Post by Tonytoned »

Dave F wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:16 am It is a Strike Right, but I'm not sure what model. I have a "Tideflo" ; "Aduraflo De-Luxe" ; "Ultraflo" and a "Hydraflo". All have riveted "id" discs on the backplate. None look like your reel.

Mr.B may know......
Thank you Dave. I have a few Strike Rights, but none of the have aluminium spools.

:Hat:

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

Dave F wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:16 am It is a Strike Right, but I'm not sure what model. I have a "Tideflo" ; "Aduraflo De-Luxe" ; "Ultraflo" and a "Hydraflo". All have riveted "id" discs on the backplate. None look like your reel.

Mr.B may know......
I don't think it is a Strikeright but I could be wrong..
All Strikeright reels came as standard to be able to use a line guard. They were threaded to take them. The Questflo had a slot in the inside rim of the reel and a screw to hold a line guard in place.
Also the handle pins (not sure of the correct name) had marks on them... see photo.
So.. be interested in any more comments.

Mr B
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

MWithell
Chub

Post by MWithell »

I have several Strikerights and it's not like any of them. The check button is different from the typical pointed one, and the centre of the spool doesn't look like any of the ones I have although there are considerable differences so that's not a reliable guide.
All my Strikerights have a metal label - one even has a label but no model name. I know a label can fall off but I can't see any evidence in the picture of there ever being one.
Possibly Strikeright made reels for other companies to their specifications?
Malcolm

Catching lob-worms is one of the greater Outdoor Sports. It is the most hilarious game in the world (John C Moore)

Tonytoned
Arctic Char

Post by Tonytoned »

MWithell wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:52 am I have several Strikerights and it's not like any of them. The check button is different from the typical pointed one, and the centre of the spool doesn't look like any of the ones I have although there are considerable differences so that's not a reliable guide.
All my Strikerights have a metal label - one even has a label but no model name. I know a label can fall off but I can't see any evidence in the picture of there ever being one.
Possibly Strikeright made reels for other companies to their specifications?
If it's any help heres an image of the spool tensioner. It is sprung and has PATENT APPLIED FOR on it.

Thank you :Hat:

MWithell
Chub

Post by MWithell »

Pictures of the Strikerights I have. The smallest one has no model name.ImageImage
Malcolm

Catching lob-worms is one of the greater Outdoor Sports. It is the most hilarious game in the world (John C Moore)

Return to “Traditional Reel Building and Restoring”