C. Constable 51" Spinning Rod

The Constable Of Bromley Rods forum.
Corvette87
Stickleback

C. Constable 51" Spinning Rod

Post by Corvette87 »

Hello to all, I have looked all over the internet, for several years, regarding information on a "C. Constable 51” solid cane spinning rod and have been unable to find even a mention of such a rod. The rod is in "as new condition" and shows no sign of ever even having a reel mounted on it, which is usually evident with sliding rings. It is a 2-piece rod in a medium blue/green rod bag. The rod is what I would call a Lightweight Rod, literally and figuratively. If you hold the tip section in your outstretched hand with your eyes closed, after a few seconds, you will open your eyes to see if it is still there. It weighs virtually nothing. It is a very light cane color, round in design, with darkish green wraps. Dry casting the rod gives the impression it might cast a tiny lure or bait a sizable distance. I would be grateful if someone could provide some information about said rod or possibly point me in the right direction. Thank you in advance, Charles G.

Dave F
Grayling

Re: C. Constable 51" Spinning Rod

Post by Dave F »

Can’t help with the info you require, but welcome to the forum. I’m sure someone will be able to help.
Oh to be at my “Happy Place” where nothing matters but the being there.

Harry H
Rainbow Trout

Post by Harry H »

:welcome: to the forum :Hat:
Sounds like it could be fibreglass?
Does it have brass ferrules?
Probably best if you can put on some photos :Thumb:
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

Corvette87
Stickleback

Post by Corvette87 »

Hello Harry H., thank you for your kind and swift reply, it seems the mistake was mine. I had never thought to look at the end of a male ferrule, as they are normally the same alloy as the ferrule itself. You have, unfortunately for me, proven "Old dogs can learn new tricks". I could not conceive that a rod this beautiful could possibly be made from Fiberglass. But alas it is. Thank you for your excellent information. Charles.

Return to “Constable Of Bromley Cane Rods”