Spinmaster

The Milwards Rods forum.
Chelsea
Gudgeon

Spinmaster

Post by Chelsea »

Evening All

The Spinmaster 9ft, two piece.

A cheeky offer of £30 after the bidding had ended saw me get this for £35.

I also got the chap to half the postage costs from £20 to £10, so £45 all in was a great result.

Beautiful dark cane which is dead straight, also with lots of wear left on the furrels so it’s definitely not had a hard life.

The only real issues are that the agate ring is loose within the tip ring itself and the Gripmaster reel seat is going to have to go and be replaced with bands.

The reel seat works perfectly but I intend to use the rod for stalking carp. That means I’ll be holding the rod the majority of the time. I’ve put the centrepin I use on the rod already and it all feels I little chunky for my liking, so, needs must in my mind.

Does anyone know if there’s a solution for the tip ring problem? or is it a case of trying to source a replacement?

Best Regards

Dan

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Cat
Chub

Re: Spinmaster

Post by Cat »

A very nice and very powerful rod...double built cane. I've happily run 12lb line through mine. If the agate isn't going to pop out, why not live with it? Regards Cat

Chelsea
Gudgeon

Post by Chelsea »

Hi Cat

Yes I had a read of a Milwards catalogue online and read it was double built cane.

It wouldn’t usually bother me being loose but with the slightest movement, or vibration through the rod, it’s making a noise like a penny being shook up in an old tin and would drive me bananas in the end.

Regards

Dan

Harry H
Rainbow Trout

Post by Harry H »

Perhaps try using a thin adhesive if it's just to stop rattling around.
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

I am sure I have one - 3 section and 10ft. Extremely powerful - - completely revamped by the seller with stainless rings.

I would point out the tip ring is rather expensive! A light mastic could reduce the noise.

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

Chelsea wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:38 pm Hi Cat

Yes I had a read of a Milwards catalogue online and read it was double built cane.

It wouldn’t usually bother me being loose but with the slightest movement, or vibration through the rod, it’s making a noise like a penny being shook up in an old tin and would drive me bananas in the end.

Regards

Dan
I have 2 cane rods with original ceramic insert tip rings that rattle a bit. I’ve grown to quite like it!

Phil
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Just run a little superglue around the liner. It will run inside the frame and stop it moving.

Nice find by the way.

Wal.

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Great find in such fine original condition Dan :Thumb: Definitely apply a drop of glue to stop that liner being lost, as Olly points out those tulip tips are getting hard to find and therefore expensive (saying that there's possibly a member that has a draw full of them in their hoard :Sun: ) I like the gripmaster and autolock seats, preferable to bands in my book, but of course we are all different. If it's going spare I have a project rod it could find a welcome home on!

Return to “Milwards Cane Rods”