Efgeeco bucket

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
Harry H
Tench

Efgeeco bucket

Post by Harry H »

I have a Efgeeco bucket that I acquired a while ago and I've been trying make out what's written for the original owners details. . :holmes: Image
Particularly the club which I'm thinking is going to be in the Hemel Hempstead area?
Last edited by Harry H on Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

Catfish.017
Eel

Re: Efgeeco bucket

Post by Catfish.017 »

Taylor for the surname, 71 Ridge ???, club beginning with AL???

Keston
Tench

Post by Keston »

(S) Taylor
71 Ridge lea
Hemel Hempstead .

Gobio Gobio
Grayling

Post by Gobio Gobio »

A very nice find, its amazing how a simple canvas bucket can trigger off such deep nostalgia.

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Harry H wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:52 pm I have a Efgeeco bucket that I acquired a while ago and I've been trying make out what's written for the original owners details. . :holmes: Image
Particularly the club which I'm thinking is going to be in the Hemel Hempstead area?
Well done Richard, I know how pleased you were to find this bucket after trying to find one for so long. :Hat:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Martin James
Eel

Post by Martin James »

I'm still using one, it certainly stands some punishment, it was given to me by Gobia Gobia

Catfish.017
Eel

Post by Catfish.017 »

Martin James wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:16 pm I'm still using one, it certainly stands some punishment, it was given to me by Gobia Gobia
I still use one too though it no longer holds water as it did when I bought it in the Seventies!

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

Mine was on the bank yesterday.
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

Harry H
Tench

Post by Harry H »

Keston wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:58 pm (S) Taylor
71 Ridge lea
Hemel Hempstead .
Top marks to Keston
I've cleaned up the label to see if it improves the chance of getting the club name.Image
Also consulted my 1963 Angler's pocket book for a possible candidates but to no avail.
Has anyone got a later edition?
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

Old Man River
Eel

Post by Old Man River »

I had an Efgeeo canvas bucket , and rather liked it, purchased sometime prior to 1972 when I joined the Army.For some reason it was my pride and joy .

When I left home , all my fishing gear was cleaned up,tidied away neatly and left in my bedroom upstairs as it was safe, dry, and out of the way of the rest of the family.

Whilst I was away my parents decided to decorate my room, and all my gear was unceremoniously dumped in the shed and forgotten about.
When I returned I liked the room but was rather miffed to find my gear stashed in the corner of the shed covered in cobwebs and under piles gardening gear, spare wheels for my fathers car etc etc .
I managed to dig it all out but much of it had been nibbled by the mousey rodents that lived in close proximity, including my bucket which was really more holes than bucket , it went to the tip along with my very religious landing net which was also quite holy. My rods had mousy evidence all along the cork handles,my holdall was more or less trashed etc etc..

I suppose it was my excuse to replace the lot, but by then Efgeeco buckets were few and far between and I never managed to find another despite some 40 years of searching.

David
Hurrumph....... whatever happened to Handlines ?

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”