Hardy Teletip?

This forum is for discussing the Swing Tip
John Milford
Grayling

Hardy Teletip?

Post by John Milford »

I acquired this old telescopic swing tip last year, which has intrigued me - not least because it has an agate lined tip ring.

I am aware that Hardy applied for a patent for such a design - their so-called 'teletip' which i think was supplied with their 8' 9" and 9' 6" fibatube swing-tip rods.

What I'm not sure of, is whether this is a very early 'teletip', or perhaps even one that predated it?

Screenshot_20230404-003421_Chrome~2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A seeker of "the fell tyrant of the liquid plain".

Duebel
Rainbow Trout

Re: Hardy Teletip?

Post by Duebel »

Ohhhhhh! That's a lovely swing tip.
Greetings from Bamberg
Martin

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

:Thumb: Quality swing tip.

Wal.

Wakou
Rudd

Post by Wakou »

I have a Hardy Matchman, with swing tip. The flexible part of the tip seems to have acquired a kink. Should I replace it? And with what?

Polecat
Gudgeon

Post by Polecat »

There are a couple of sellers on that sell the pre-formed angle rubbers if that's your thing. I have a couple of these for windy days, otherwise I just use normal silicon rubber.

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Wakou wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:53 am I have a Hardy Matchman, with swing tip. The flexible part of the tip seems to have acquired a kink. Should I replace it? And with what?
Try dropping it in a dish of boiling water then pulling it straight again (Rubber gloves) it might work as I believe they're made of nylon.

Wal.

Fredline
Tench

Post by Fredline »

That is a lovely item.
If you have no grease with you, and your rings are full of ice, do not cut out the ice with a pen-knife but get your man to put the rings one by one in his mouth, and so to thaw the ice.
John Bickerdyke.

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

I have seen an extendable swing tip but none as good as that! Must have costalotta to do that. It appears not only extendable but the length can also be varied?

In spite of reams of information on swing tips were the flexible part not made first from extruded nylon and later either stiff or soft rubber tube?

Keston
Tench

Post by Keston »

That looks very well made , nice item

John Milford
Grayling

Post by John Milford »

Olly wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:01 pm I have seen an extendable swing tip but none as good as that! Must have costalotta to do that. It appears not only extendable but the length can also be varied?

In spite of reams of information on swing tips were the flexible part not made first from extruded nylon and later either stiff or soft rubber tube?
Yes Olly, the knurled collar can be used to vary the length at which it locks onto the extending nylon.

Heaven forbid I should ever break it, but I've thought that heavy duty nylon strimmer cord might do the job as a replacement?
A seeker of "the fell tyrant of the liquid plain".

Return to “Swing Tip”