Go Fishing Books

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Mark
Head Bailiff

Go Fishing Books

Post by Mark »

I have the following three hardback books from John Wilson's Go Fishing series, were there any more issued or just these three that relate to the original Anglia Go Fishing series.

Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Shropshire Lad
Perch

Re: Go Fishing Books

Post by Shropshire Lad »

I have another one Mark, a paperback just titled Go Fishing it is based on the TV series

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Shropshire Lad wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:11 pm I have another one Mark, a paperback just titled Go Fishing it is based on the TV series
Could you upload a picture of the front cover please Gary so I know what I am looking for. :Hat:
Mark (Administrator)

where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

I think the Go Fishing Techniques is one of the finest 'how-to' angling books ever written.

There is another version of 'Go Fishing with John Wilson' which has him on the front cover with some big crucians. They are actually from a Swedish water.

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

According to Wiki there is a "Go Fishing Programme Notes from the Anglia Television Series Presented by John Wilson (1997)".

This sounds interesting, anyone got a copy of this.
Mark (Administrator)

Alanxc
Stickleback

Post by Alanxc »

Hi Mark

I have a different looking book which I think may be the same as the yellow one you have but in hardback.

I also have a notes from the 1995 series small booklet. I remember pestering my parents to order it from channel 4 as a teenager, I've still got it all these years later. Might be the one you were referring to.

I've tried to upload a picture but not sure how to do it so apologies if it doesn't work.

Cheers
Alan

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Thanks for that Alan. I have never seen the blue book before, it looks interesting.
Mark (Administrator)

Barbelseeker
Brown Trout

Post by Barbelseeker »

Mark,

You might be able to get an angle (couldn't resist the pun) on what is available by looking at this link:
https://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/Sear ... f&xpod=off

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Barbelseeker wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:58 pm Mark,

You might be able to get an angle (couldn't resist the pun) on what is available by looking at this link:
https://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/Sear ... f&xpod=off
Thank you for the link Barbelseeker, I think I have all John's books except the blue one that Alan lists above and the Go Fishing Programme Notes from the Anglia Television Series if this is different to the blue book. If anyone has anyone of these two books that they would like to sell please drop me a PM. :Hat:
Mark (Administrator)

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”