Just joined the Traditional Fisherman's Forum, why not pop into this forum and introduce yourself.
Silver King
Stickleback

Post by Silver King »

I wish to say Hi from America - I am a transplanted Brit who is interested in all forms of fishing and associated tackle - I have been fishing for 73 years starting on the canal near Mexborough close to my Grandparents house using a garden cane with a line tied to the end with a float split shot a hook and maggots provided by my friends father. I then moved overseas with my parents to Singapore where I had a dual purpose Japanese Fly/Spinning rod which I used to fish from a bridge near my home - my most memorable catch being a sea snake which are all really poisonous which I tried to kill by throwing it under passing cars - I thought it was dead but when I got home I discovered it was very much alive! After returning to England and finishing University my next serious encounter with fishing was a fly fishing class at Aviemore in 1966 after which I bought my first real fishing rods and reels :Ok: being an Abu Suecha with a closed face reel and an Abu Laplandia fiber glass fly rod with an Abu Delta reel both of which I still own. After this depending on opportunity I have fished in many countries using different fishing techniques in both salt and freshwater - during that time I have acquired a large number of rods and reels of all types - a large number of my rods being cane made by a number of different makers - some well known - others not. I am now limited as to the fishing that I can do due to back problems but am going to Belize next week to chase Bonefish and Permit with a Fly Rod - sorry not cane! I will be coming to England in the middle of April to chase trout - I look foreward to reading your posts Eric

Wanderer
Arctic Char

Re: New Member

Post by Wanderer »

Hello and welcome to the forum Eric.
Some cracking fishing to be had these days on the rivers Don and Dearne in the Mexborough area .
"Not all those who Wander are Lost !"

Duebel
Rainbow Trout

Post by Duebel »

Welcome to the TFF, Eric!
Greetings from Bamberg
Martin

Silfield
Brown Trout

Post by Silfield »

Hello and welcome Eric :Hat:
“There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce a serenity of the mind.”
Washington Irving

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Welcome to the forum Eric.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Harry H
Rainbow Trout

Post by Harry H »

:welcome: to the forum :Hat: enjoy
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

Pull up a pew by the fire Eric, pour a favourite tipple and enjoy the banter…. :cheers:
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Solithar
Roach

Post by Solithar »

Welcome to the forum, Eric!
Lucian,
A beginner angler thankful for the endless and blessed joy of angling.

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Welcome aboard Eric. :Hat:

Wal.

Wally Roy
Roach

Post by Wally Roy »

Welcome to the forum Eric.