Manual Pelican

The Other Reels forum.
Russell Brown
Rudd

Manual Pelican

Post by Russell Brown »

ImageImageImageImage
Wow,I was chuffed to bits to find this one.A Pflueger Pelican 1021 with manual roller bail circa mid 1950's.Original box,boxed spare spool,spare roller bail and users manual.The purchase also included a full bail model 1020.The shipping costs from the U.S. were 'exhilarating' hence tonights dinner will be a jam sandwich....TTFN 😎

Fredline
Tench

Re: Manual Pelican

Post by Fredline »

I have had a couple of these peculiar but great little reels but never in a box. I am not surprised you are chuffed. Well done Russell and enjoy your sandwich.
If you have no grease with you, and your rings are full of ice, do not cut out the ice with a pen-knife but get your man to put the rings one by one in his mouth, and so to thaw the ice.
John Bickerdyke.

Russell Brown
Rudd

Post by Russell Brown »

Fredline wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:15 pm I have had a couple of these peculiar but great little reels but never in a box. I am not surprised you are chuffed. Well done Russell and enjoy your sandwich.
Thanks Fredline.I'm currently waiting for a Swiss half bail to arrive.A Monti Super 2......I've never had one before so I'll have it in pieces for a good look at its greasy innards.

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

My, that’s a lovely thing. There are lure fishing methods for which a manual pick-up works so much better than a bale arm.

Phil
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Return to “Other Reels”