Andrew Field Floats

The place you will find all those traditional terminal tackle items.
The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Re: andrew field floats

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Watching this thread folks....don't want a repeat of what happened over the road.

Thanks gents... :hat:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Quite so.

Never occured to me before...does Haydn get called 'Nobby' too?

Michael
Tench

Post by Michael »

I bought a few of Andrews floats, I like them......

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

i didnt think my post would lead to such stong opions as i only want to talk about nice looking floats in which you can admire

Michael
Tench

Post by Michael »

mazza wrote:i didnt think my post would lead to such stong opions as i only want to talk about nice looking floats in which you can admire
Totally agree mazza, bloody enjoy yourself, that's what fishing is all about. Collecting all those little odds and sods, whether practical or not, is not the main thing, is all about, enjoyment , don't get hung up by all the pedants....... :hahaha:
Last edited by Michael on Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PDuffield
Grayling

Post by PDuffield »

mazza wrote:i didnt think my post would lead to such stong opions as i only want to talk about nice looking floats in which you can admire
Quite so Mazza. One thing that I've noticed from several months on this forum is that while the members in the main hold similar values and have a lot in common, when it gets down to detail there are widely differing strongly help opinions on many topics.

That is a good thing, of course, there would be little to talk about if we all held identical views about everything, it's fine to disagree as long as we respect the rights of others to believe differently.

I think Andrew's floats are stunning and wish I had his ability, but, and this is just how I feel about it, I wouldn't buy them because I get much more satisfaction from using floats I've made myself. I do use original Harcork floats for sentimental reasons - they were some of the first floats I owned, but these days as far as possible I make my own tackle, restore my own rods etc. because I find it enhances the traditional angling experience for me.

That doesn't mean I can't appreciate the skill of floatmakers like Andrew Field, Paul Cook and others, I do, just as I appreciate the work of top rod makers and restorers, I just prefer to do it myself these days.

Hannay
Perch

Post by Hannay »

Absolutely Mazza. I whole heartedly agree with you, they are lovely floats and you should buy one and enjoy it! I may've opened a can of worms that I had no intention of doing. I apologise if i've spoiled anything for you or anyone else on here.

A tip of the hat to you all

George387
Crucian Carp

Re: andrw field floats

Post by George387 »

Hannay wrote:Ahh, I see. I take it then that Nobby is in the gilded lily camp! I admit that some of them are perhaps not to my taste and a little elaborate, it's the quills and wagglers that catch my eye. I'm still using Harcork floats from years ago, although I did order some floats made by George 387 which were superb (both practically and aesthetically). It's always nice to own something handcrafted and I gather Mazza is a great enthusiast for angling artwork so i'm sure these'll be perfect for him.
You did? I dont recognise the nickname you must be in disguise :wink: :wink: but thank you for the comments :hat:

I'm sitting back on this topic as I've been bitten once & I have no intentions of getting bitten a second time :tongue:
Brown Trout maybe Beautiful But Grayling are Gorgeous. "Lets Tackle Cancer" Supporter
The Flee & Float

Hannay
Perch

Re: Andrew Field Floats

Post by Hannay »

George387 wrote:
Hannay wrote:Ahh, I see. I take it then that Nobby is in the gilded lily camp! I admit that some of them are perhaps not to my taste and a little elaborate, it's the quills and wagglers that catch my eye. I'm still using Harcork floats from years ago, although I did order some floats made by George 387 which were superb (both practically and aesthetically). It's always nice to own something handcrafted and I gather Mazza is a great enthusiast for angling artwork so i'm sure these'll be perfect for him.
You did? I dont recognise the nickname you must be in disguise :wink: :wink: but thank you for the comments :hat:

I'm sitting back on this topic as I've been bitten once & I have no intentions of getting bitten a second time :tongue:
Hi George will PM you later to reveal my true identity!!

Mario
Eel

Re: Andrew Field Floats

Post by Mario »

in my opinion these floats are only like buying fancy rods or fancy reals that a lot of peaple enjoy on here its upto personal choice i only buying one for now i dont have no intension to use it i want to admire it and put it on my book shelf where i can admire it just as i would if i bought painting or sculpture or spiit cane rod or antique centre pin real

Return to “Traditional Terminal Tackle”