ABU Cardinal 66's and 77's

The ABU Reels forum.
Polecat
Gudgeon

ABU Cardinal 66's and 77's

Post by Polecat »

Hello Everyone,

The gentleman known as Beechmere Lake has been working on my small collection of ABU reels. I sent him a pair of each size plus a "spares reel" I thought was not salvageable and all five came back as new!

I'm sure regulars on here are familiar with the quality of his work but I was very impressed. I can highly recommend him if anyone needs work undertaking on these reels, the attention to detail was absolutely superb.
20230214_212110_resized.jpg
20230214_212121_resized.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Olly
Wild Carp

Re: ABU Cardinal 66's and 77's

Post by Olly »

I agree - I have used his services on more than one occasion - excellent workmanship!

SooperClooper
Silver Bream

Post by SooperClooper »

I have some Cardinals that need looking at, I would rather deliver them myself than post them, if they were lost they would be a job to replace, I've owned them all from new. Contact details would be appreciated thanks.

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Beechmere Lake is the man! Send him a PM for his details. He is I think in Glos.

Polecat
Gudgeon

Post by Polecat »

I sent mine to him Royal Mail Special Delivery - fully tracked and insured. Even the way Beechmere Lake packs the reels for the return journey is a work of art!

BeechmereLake
Brown Trout

Post by BeechmereLake »

Polecat wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:34 pm Hello Everyone,

The gentleman known as Beechmere Lake has been working on my small collection of ABU reels. I sent him a pair of each size plus a "spares reel" I thought was not salvageable and all five came back as new!

I'm sure regulars on here are familiar with the quality of his work but I was very impressed. I can highly recommend him if anyone needs work undertaking on these reels, the attention to detail was absolutely superb.

20230214_212110_resized.jpg
20230214_212121_resized.jpg
Thank you Polecat, I enjoyed working on your reels, while the 44's I did for you were a lot easier you get this good feeling when you complete a 66 or 77, the rotors are particularly hard work when it comes to reassembly and 5 in one sitting was challenging. Glad you like them as they should go on for decades now they have all the correct parts fitted to them . :Hat: :Hat:
" It is a sinister place yet powerfully fascinating"

"BB"

BeechmereLake
Brown Trout

Post by BeechmereLake »

SooperClooper wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:23 pm I have some Cardinals that need looking at, I would rather deliver them myself than post them, if they were lost they would be a job to replace, I've owned them all from new. Contact details would be appreciated thanks.
SooperClooper I live near Lechlade or a couple of miles from Horseshoe Lake, I get several anglers drop off their reels for me to work on and just last year I fished the BCSG fish-in there with many other members, I dont do night fishing anymore due to bad Arthritis, bedchairs are no longer comfortable for days on end. A great friend of our group wanted several reels done so I Collected them from him on the Friday and worked into the Friday and Saturday night to get them done for him after I got home from the fish-in, Sunday morning his reels were delivered back to him all done and in perfect order, I can go that extra mile sometimes and having done well over 600 Cardinals in the last 3 years have never lost one in the post, Special Delivery seems to be a bit different to std mail and covers your reels to £500. PM me if you wish :Hat: :Hat:
" It is a sinister place yet powerfully fascinating"

"BB"

SooperClooper
Silver Bream

Post by SooperClooper »

Not too up with high tech gadgetry, not sent a pm before, any pointers/help would be appreciated.

BendSomeCane
Crucian Carp

Post by BendSomeCane »

Excuse my ignorance folks

Are 66’s … smaller than 77’s

I have two 66’s

Thanks

Bsc
http://bendsomecane.blogspot.com/
By the grace of god a Yorkist

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

It goes rather like this:- smallest 33 - float/ledgering reel 44 - barbel/carp/tench/chub reel 66 - pike/bass/heavy line 77.

I think, without looking, that the 66 & 77 bodies are either the same size or very similar. It is the spool and associated parts that differ.
Rather like a Mitchell 300/410 and a Mitchell 306 in use.
Last edited by Olly on Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “ABU Reels”