Romsey Vintage Tackle Fair 2nd April 2023

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
Wallyboy Rob
Chub
Location: On the Wally as often as possible ( Portsmouth area)

Re: Romsey Vintage Tackle Fair 2nd April 2023

Post by Wallyboy Rob »

I can see me getting into trouble with the powers that be Geoff :doh:
going with the flow - You gotta luv them gonks

"There's no way you're going to get a quote from us to use on your book cover" Metropolitan Police spokesperson
from the back cover of Wall and piece - Banksy

MrCrabtree
Rudd

Post by MrCrabtree »

Don't forget to wear your TFF badge always a pleasure to do a deal for our members
Mike

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

MrCrabtree wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:31 pm Don't forget to wear your TFF badge always a pleasure to do a deal for our members
Mike
Good Man Mike, if I wear my three badges, does that qualify for triple discount? :tea:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Chubman
Crucian Carp

Post by Chubman »

I understand we have 65 sellers at Romsey, god I hate too much computtion

Wallyboy Rob
Chub

Post by Wallyboy Rob »

:drool: Talk about kid in a candy store, Wally Roy and I walked in on our first Romsey experience and wished we were millionaires.....sooooo much temptation, I bought a few bits including the antler rod rest from Chubman (thanks Geoff it's lovely).

It was nice to meet and chat to Cane and Nobby and catch up with other TFF pals, Keston, Lea dweller, Newtocane, OldRod and of course Moley.

There was something that was nearly as tempting as all the lovely stuff and that was a bacon roll in the room next door which I smelled as soon as I entered the building and at 2 quids a temptation I couldn't resist :Wink:

"There's no way you're going to get a quote from us to use on your book cover" Metropolitan Police spokesperson

Keston
Tench

Post by Keston »

I had a very enjoyable morning at Romsey , great to see so many familiar faces , nice to see Nobby back behind a table again too.

Never quite sure what I will bring home from the Romsey fairs , I bought a couple of Mitchells from Ted :Hat: but it seems the floats were catching my eye this time .

Left to right are 4 Paul Cook's , an Andrew Field and 5 Harcork followed by several un named floats . I was delighted with the pristine Efgeeco rod rest top . ex shop stock apparently courtesy of Steve , 2 of the Paul Cook floats appear to be bone tipped Naiads.

Apart from spending too much the only down side was that gorgeous bacon smell wafting through and making me feel hungry all morning :Chuckle:

Wallyboy Rob
Chub

Post by Wallyboy Rob »

Nobby was like a magnet for your £20 notes Johne :Hahaha:

Keston
Tench

Post by Keston »

Wallyboy Rob wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:15 pm Nobby was like a magnet for your £20 notes Johne :Hahaha:
True , :Tongue: :Chuckle: Her certainly got a few , the wallet was working overtime :Hahaha:

Wally Roy
Roach

Post by Wally Roy »

Amazingly I still had some money in my wallet when I got home mainly because I didn't take enough for the many tempation on offer.

Cane
Grayling

Post by Cane »

It was great to catch up with TFF members, both old and new. Wallyboy Rob, will have to be careful with that antler rod rest. Probably counts as a lethal weapon these days :Chuckle:
Tonkin Wand and I picked through the cheaper end of the offerings and managed to accumulate some interesting bits. Making and mending keeps us off the streets, between fishing sessions.
We finally succumbed to the sweet enticements of the bacon roll. We had to after Lea Dweller failed to produce the wonderful snacks he kindly handed around last year! :Hat:
Looking forward to the next fair.
In the mud and scum of things, something always, always sings!
Mrs Wigg's philosophy

Return to “Fishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Events”