Romsey Vintage Tackle Fair 2nd April 2023

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
Wallyboy Rob
Chub
Location: On the Wally as often as possible ( Portsmouth area)

Re: Romsey Vintage Tackle Fair 2nd April 2023

Post by Wallyboy Rob »

EdNash wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:21 am
Wallyboy Rob wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:44 pm Who was the chap with the large table in the far corner , he had a TFF badge on, I bought a lovely old bait box from him :Thumb:
That would be Mr. Crabtree I believe. I bought a lush Hardy Mitre Wonderex float rod from him.
Thank you sir :Hat:
going with the flow - You gotta luv them gonks

"There's no way you're going to get a quote from us to use on your book cover" Metropolitan Police spokesperson
from the back cover of Wall and piece - Banksy

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

Ted that rod you sold me got a test run this afternoon:

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Plus ten or so roach to 12oz.

Suffice to say the three experts on the lake packed when they saw a small Fat Bloke catch all their fish in under four hours fishing.

No pies as they had been scoffed at lunch but tea and singing were heartily indulged in, and a six pack of Blue Ribband chocky biscuits were crunched loudly in between slurping the tea :Hat:

Methinks some take this angling lark a bit seriously.

As ever,....

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Moley wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:17 pm Ted that rod you sold me got a test run this afternoon:

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Plus ten or so roach to 12oz.

Suffice to say the three experts on the lake packed when they saw a small Fat Bloke catch all their fish in under four hours fishing.

No pies as they had been scoffed at lunch but tea and singing were heartily indulged in, and a six pack of Blue Ribband chocky biscuits were crunched loudly in between slurping the tea :Hat:

Methinks some take this angling lark a bit seriously.

As ever,....

Moley
Excellent news! I didn't realise you were left handed judging by the Speedia positioning? Did you use one of the floats you bought as well? :Thumb:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

Ambidextrous Ted.....and that is not a euphemism for something else.

Born left handed but beaten by Jesuit teachers until I learned to be right handed.....hated Catholic School. As for the Jesuits, pure violent evil to small children. How can God's representatives on earth be so just downright nasty in the name of religion.....I know not!

Still there it is, muscular Christianity as administered by Religious
Psychopaths pure evil personified.. ...,.

As ever,....

Moleyv
Say aye tae'a pie!

Wallyboy Rob
Chub
Location: On the Wally as often as possible ( Portsmouth area)

Post by Wallyboy Rob »

Would that be CRF 1 that was graced by your presence Moley ?
going with the flow - You gotta luv them gonks

"There's no way you're going to get a quote from us to use on your book cover" Metropolitan Police spokesperson
from the back cover of Wall and piece - Banksy

Watermole+
Chub

Post by Watermole+ »

Moley wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:21 pm Ambidextrous Ted.....and that is not a euphemism for something else.

How can God's representatives on earth be so just downright nasty in the name of religion.....I know not!

As ever,....

Moleyv

..Such people are not God’s representatives, any more than those involved in the Spanish Inquisition were.

-and yes, I have seen the Monty Python version…

Wm+ :Hat:

"Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? Yet one of them shall not fall without your Father knoweth" ..Jesus of Nazareth, King James AV

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

Wallyboy Rob wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:41 pm Would that be CRF 1 that was graced by your presence Moley ?
CRF 2 young Rob as number One is covered in a cat's cradle of rope to dissuade predators but looks a bit complicated to fish.

Only went as Matron :Scared: wanted the kitchen to herself so gave permission, in triplicate mind, to get rid of her pie making spouse. Every cloud etc so thought CRF would be good. Thought about Abshot but a bit early for CRU's....possibly not given the tench caught at CRF.

Watermole+ wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:46 pm
Moley wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:21 pm Ambidextrous Ted.....and that is not a euphemism for something else.

How can God's representatives on earth be so just downright nasty in the name of religion.....I know not!

As ever,....

Moleyv

..Such people are not God’s representatives, any more than those involved in the Spanish Inquisition were.

-and yes, I have seen the Monty Python version…

Wm+ :Hat:

You say that Wm+ but a priest is Gods interlocutor between us and our maker, according to Catholic lore......Fatty knows this as too many years were spent believing them. By the age of ten the veil of tears was lifted, to reveal the calumny beneath.

Fatty only believes in fishing nowadays, treating all other religions with the respect they deserve.

Personally the Monty Python version of the Spanish Inquisition was preferable to the reality as to the Jesuits let's just say Ignatius Loyola has a lot to answer for with his spirit residing in a very warm place with multiple use of pineapples as in the film 'Little Nicky'. :Hahaha:

One can only hope.

As ever,.....

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Born left handed but beaten by Jesuit teachers until I learned to be right handed.....hated Catholic School. As for the Jesuits, pure violent evil to small children. How can God's representatives on earth be so just downright nasty in the name of religion.....I know not!

Still there it is, muscular Christianity as administered by Religious
Psychopaths pure evil personified.. ...,.

As ever,....

Moleyv
I will not comment on anything to do with religion, I do not want to upset anyone with my personal views! I can see that you put the rod to good use, but did you use one of the floats that you purchased from me? :Hat:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

Not yet Ted.

A 1g drennan pole float was used. At first the top was fully proud of the water but bites were hesitant and circumspect. Whilst eating a Blue Ribband chocky the solution to this conundrum appeared in the limited brain cell that passes for a mind. Try dotting the float right down with the tip just breaking the meniscus.....after that it was everyone a coconut, or in this case fish!

Religion is always contentious, with someone somewhere being upset with views contrary to their own..... that's why we get wars. But if sensible discussion was to take place many problems faced by the general population would perhaps no longer exist.....one day this will happen.

Anyways 'Il Pape, mi amigo' and looking forward to my elevation to Papal Knighthood.

As ever,.....

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

JAA
Crucian Carp

Post by JAA »

Moley wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:39 am Fatty only believes in fishing nowadays, treating all other religions with the respect they deserve.

Personally the Monty Python version of the Spanish Inquisition was preferable to the reality as to the Jesuits let's just say Ignatius Loyola has a lot to answer for with his spirit residing in a very warm place with multiple use of pineapples as in the film 'Little Nicky'. :Hahaha:

One can only hope.

As ever,.....

Moley
I do apologise Moley, I tried to find you at the tackle fair and failed utterly, I probably should have followed the trail of pie-crumbs... :Hat:
¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸,.·´¯ ><(((º>
Cole aka JAA
https://crucians.org/
https://www.anotherangler.net/

Return to “Fishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Events”