Christmas leftovers

This is the place to discuss the fishing baits.
Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Christmas leftovers

Post by Bobthefloat »

The fridge was starting to smell a bit funky and the culprit was the left over Christmas cheese!
Not wanting to waste anything I mashed them all together. I'm no stranger to making paste baits and quite enjoy it but this time I decided to add something a little bit different to the mix, hopefully I can get out before the end and bag myself a chub or two.

My little brother used to eat cheese and chocolate spread sandwiches as a kid so maybe there is something to the combination?

ImageImageImage

RBTraditional
Catfish

Re: Christmas leftovers

Post by RBTraditional »

Interesting combination there Tel… you never know…
I do like a sausage (Cumberland) and marmalade sandwich (Frank Coopers coarse cut) now and again…but I wouldn’t share it with a chub…. :Wink: :Chuckle:
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Fredline
Tench

Post by Fredline »

Unfortunately cheese does not last very long in our house.
If you have no grease with you, and your rings are full of ice, do not cut out the ice with a pen-knife but get your man to put the rings one by one in his mouth, and so to thaw the ice.
John Bickerdyke.

AllRounder
Brown Trout

Post by AllRounder »

Can’t begin to imagine what that would smell like but worth a go I’m sure. :Wink:

Grumpy
Arctic Char

Post by Grumpy »

I'd still eat the lot in the bottom pic,still have some Brie and Stilton left,also a bottle of port...... :cheers: The Chub may get a little bit!

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

RBTraditional wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:23 pm Interesting combination there Tel… you never know…
I do like a sausage (Cumberland) and marmalade sandwich (Frank Coopers coarse cut) now and again…but I wouldn’t share it with a chub…. :Wink: :Chuckle:
That brought back happy childhood memories. I still recall the Christmas when my younger brother “invented” the Cumberland sausage, marmalade (any coarse cut, he wasn’t fussy), and cheese & onion crisp doorstop sandwich. He followed it up with the pork sausage, green grape and salt & vinegar crisp sandwich. In later years, we agreed Seabrook crisps were best suited!

Phil :cheers:
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

Love the Chrimbo leftovers...
Breakfast..:::
Bubble and squeak, burned to sweet perfection, a couple of fried eggs, Turkey... and.,.. fried Christmas pudding...!that really is a 12 night feast!
Oh, and a big glass of single malt to wash it down.
Any thing left I imagine you can mix up with some with some old dry bread... sort of sacrilege really !!!
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Peter Wilde
Rudd

Post by Peter Wilde »

OK then, I feel a challenge coming on.

Who is going to be the first to catch a chub (or anything else) on a left-over mince pie?

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

Slowly spun Christmas cracker???
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Barbelbonce
Rudd

Post by Barbelbonce »

Those cheeses look perfectly edible to me - wasted on Chub! If you put them in the airing cupboard or a couple of weeks, then they might be suitable Chevin fodder.
I'm still wading my way through my Christmas Stilton - now well ripe!
Mike

Return to “Traditional Fishing Bait”