Yorkshire Vintage Angling Fair 2nd April 2023

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
Lea Dweller
Pike

Re: Yorkshire Vintage Angling Fair 2nd April 2023

Post by Lea Dweller »

Lea Dweller wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:29 am
Barbelseeker wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:19 am Lea Dweller

Question - Have you checked your birth certificate for correct address?

My Sister, who has a better memory than me, says that I was born in Park Drive Thrybergh, but I can only find a Park Vale Drive using google
Thank you for replying, the answer to your question is No, but I will try to find my birth certificate to check! :Ok:
Success! I checked my birth certificate and my Sister was wrong, I was born at Park Vale Drive, not Park Drive! I can now start to find out more, It is a really interesting project! Thank you Barbelseeker :idea: :Thumb:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Lea Dweller wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:25 am

My Sister, who has a better memory than me, says that I was born in Park Drive Thrybergh, but I can only find a Park Vale Drive using google
Thank you for replying, the answer to your question is No, but I will try to find my birth certificate to check! :Ok:
Success! I checked my birth certificate and my Sister was wrong, I was born at Park Vale Drive, not Park Drive! I can now start to find out more, It is a really interesting project! Thank you Barbelseeker :idea: :Thumb:
[/quote
Does anyone know if 9 Park Vale Drive Thrybergh still exists? A google search is not conclusive, is anyone familiar with the area? :Hat:
Confucius

BreadFlake
Perch

Post by BreadFlake »

Lea Dweller wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:33 pm
Lea Dweller wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:25 am

[/quote
Does anyone know if 9 Park Vale Drive Thrybergh still exists? A google search is not conclusive, is anyone familiar with the area? :Hat:

here you go mate

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

:Thu

Thank you for the picture, but I am pretty sure that is not the house I was born in! I suspect it is the NEW number 9! :Thumb:
Confucius

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

I will have to do some more research, as it seems that this house may be where I was born after all! :Ok:
Confucius

Barbelseeker
Brown Trout

Post by Barbelseeker »

I have attempted to look at historical maps but those for Yorkshire are not as good as for Nottinghamshire. The style of the house suggests 1930-1940's build. You could check "Firths" but it might cost

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Barbelseeker wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:15 pm I have attempted to look at historical maps but those for Yorkshire are not as good as for Nottinghamshire. The style of the house suggests 1930-1940's build. You could check "Firths" but it might cost
Thank you again for your interest, I did some research and it would seem that the house may well have been there in 1945! I have also tried researching the name of the family that we stayed with (McGuiness) at that address, but no joy! I may well visit the area if I come up to the next tackle fair! :Thumb:
Confucius

Return to “Fishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Events”