Yorkshire Vintage Angling Fair 2nd April 2023

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
BreadFlake
Perch

Re: Yorkshire Vintage Angling Fair 2nd April 2023

Post by BreadFlake »

BendSomeCane wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:06 pm Dear TFF’s Can I please give a huge thank you to all who turned out today for the 2nd Yorkshire Vintage Tackle Fair here in Rotherham.

All the feedback was positive and much was spent and all the exhibitors enjoyed their day .

The feeling is still that this should be a regular event and we will be holding one next year. The costs will remain the same.

The staff at the Pheonix worked tirelessly providing tea, Coffee and breakfast sandwiches.

It was lovely to meet many people whom I have corresponded with or seen but never met.

With kind hearts and best wishes

Thank you 👍🏻🙏.

Bendsomecane

Andy
really enjoyed it Andy, big thanks to putting it on mate!

perhaps one later in the year could be possible, maybe September time? i spoke to a few other stall holders who said the same thing, it really was an enjoyable day

Old Man River
Eel

Post by Old Man River »

Hi everybody,

I would like to say a big thank you to Andy, the organiser, for doing a first class job !

Many thanks to everybody who visited our table, or just passed the time of day, Ruth and I met some lovely folk, anglers, their families, friends of old , stallholders and everybody else who helped to make the event the success it was.

I am sure that this event will go from strength to strength. We needed something like this for us “Northern”folk who are a bit far from Redditch or Romsey… so congratulations to Mark, who organised the first fair and once again to Andy who took on the organising mantle this year . Already looking forward to next year whatever date it happens to fall upon.

:Hat:

David (Old Man River ) and Ruth.
Hurrumph....... whatever happened to Handlines ?

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

:Thumb: I didn't attend last year and was a little apprehensive that it may be more modern stuff than traditional. Thankfully this was not the case and the show was well supported by some great sellers selling some proper gear.

I haven't stood at any fairs for over 10 years and I wasn't exactly sure what to expect. I have got an overabundance of tackle, haven't we all, and a clear-out was in order. I had a lot of smaller items, floats, winders, books, pictures etc and it appeared that was what the punters wanted today. I ended up having a good day, so I suspect another fair could be on the cards in the near future.

Thank you Andy to you and your helpers for a most pleasant day. The Northern Tackle Fair should go from strength to strength if you avoid Easter Sunday and Romsey next time. Perhaps even the Southerners may come over the border to Yorkshire.

:Hat: Bob
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

Wanderer
Brown Trout

Post by Wanderer »

BendSomeCane wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:06 pm Dear TFF’s Can I please give a huge thank you to all who turned out today for the 2nd Yorkshire Vintage Tackle Fair here in Rotherham.

All the feedback was positive and much was spent and all the exhibitors enjoyed their day .

The feeling is still that this should be a regular event and we will be holding one next year. The costs will remain the same.

The staff at the Pheonix worked tirelessly providing tea, Coffee and breakfast sandwiches.

It was lovely to meet many people whom I have corresponded with or seen but never met.

With kind hearts and best wishes

Thank you 👍🏻🙏.

Bendsomecane

Andy
Thank you Andy.
Another good day.
Met up with friends old and new ( TFF and none TFF)
Made a few quid and spent even more....

Looking forward to the next one !

All the best.
"Not all those who Wander are Lost !"

BoltonBullfinch
Arctic Char

Post by BoltonBullfinch »

Im please the fair was a great success today, sadly i missed it, i had to go to wembley to watch the mighty wanderers thrash plymouth 4 - 0. I promise i will attend the next one.

Thanks
BB
'We fish a lot' Forrest Gump.

Banksy
Brown Trout

Post by Banksy »

Wanderer wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:21 pm
Banksy wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:56 pm It's in my diary, really enjoyed it least year, excellent venue as well.
Good, cheap Pomfret Cakes, hope they are available again this year! :Chuckle:
They will be Banksy, they will be..... :Thumb:
Look forward to seeing you.
All the best.
And true to his word, I received my pomfret cakes, thanks Wanderer !
I had ‘one or two’ on the journey home, but then noticed an error printed on the empty packet.
It says …
“For sharing”.
David.

Wanderer
Brown Trout

Post by Wanderer »

My pleasure David, my pleasure.
Sorry we didn't have more chance to talk.
All the best.
Neal.
"Not all those who Wander are Lost !"

Banksy
Brown Trout

Post by Banksy »

Thoroughly enjoyed the day, thanks Andy for your hard work and enthusiasm in organising the fair, which was full of fascination stuff as usual.
It’s such a pleasure to be in the company of people who really understand the love of owning and using vintage tackle. Even though my wallet was noticeably thinner as I left to go home. :whistle:

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

It was a great day and a pleasure to be in such fine company.
Many high quality items, the vast majority all vintage/traditional being offered for sale by specialst traders as well as a smattering of amateurs like yours truly.
This fair has huge potential and could well become a significant fixture in the future and on a par with Redditch and Romsey.
Others have suggested that it shouldn't clash with Romsey and I also subscribe to that view.
The venue is excellent with plenty of parking, first class catering facilities and toilets etc
Thank you Andy for organising such a superb event and I hope it will go from strength to strength.
Here's a few pics to give a flavour of the proceedings....
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"Oh for want of rod and line I'd fish this stream serene, sublime".

Barbelseeker
Brown Trout

Post by Barbelseeker »

Again thank you Andy,

Last year I just browsed, this year I was an amateur virgin stallholder selling off some of my excess bits and bobs. My trouble is that the buying rate by myself of the "bits and bobs" exceeds the dispersal rate.

I was able to make it a long fishing weekend with David (Banksy) who stayed with us Friday and Saturday night - collecting tackle on Friday from Mullocks, fishing a local pond on Saturday where I was comprehensibly beaten - well anyone who catches 23 decent Crucians among a mixed bag of roach, chub, bream and a single gudgeon, would be hard to knock into 2nd place - finalised on Sunday with chatting with everyone about reels and swims, as well as selling a few bits and pieces, made it a very enjoyable weekend. NO wonder today feels a bit flat. Would be unfair to single anyone out because everyone made it a great experience - but - big thanks to Andy for the organisation.

Will be there next year - the Phoenix Club is a great place, easy to get to and within easy travelling time so as not to necessitate an over night stay. Look forward to the next and having a few days on the Trent with the contacts I made and especially returning to those areas I fished as a teenager .

It was nice to meet you all and a pleasure.

Peter

Return to “Fishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Events”