Plastic rod end caps

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
Duckett
Tench

Plastic rod end caps

Post by Duckett »

Most of my rods lack end caps and wood/cork ones have always seemed too expensive for my tastes. However, I just picked this little up lot in an auction as a Christmas present to myself. All in great condition - a total of 72 once I had washed, sorted by size and extracted small ones from inside larger ones. 39p each seems very fair! Some of the festive holidays will clearly be spent unbagging rods to fit them!
Phil
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Olly
Wild Carp

Re: Plastic rod end caps

Post by Olly »

They came with the rod mostly - some Companies still do it! Even with that 'new black' stuff.

I still like them on cane rods - not bothered about glass and even less about the black stuff!

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

Yes, I’ve had this shape on all sorts of cane rods from Allcocks to Marco. I’ve seen black ones on Bruce and Walker glass. The exception is the one shaped like the dome of the Brighton Pavilion which I’ve never seen before (top row, 5th from left), though ABU put something very similar on glass match rods but in black. Edgar Sealey had their own, unique, alloy rod caps that look a bit like the “top hats” from cane poles.

I’ll use as many as I can on my cane and glass rods.

Phil
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Good find Phil :Hat:

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Well done Phil, they are really interesting! You are right they were used on rods from a number of different makers and retailers! :Thumb:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

I've an idea Marco made those ferrule plugs. Certainly they supplied them to other rod makers.

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”