Schematic/parts list for Le Omnia Super Reel

A forum to show any of your restored or built traditional fishing reels.
Jeremy.Airey
Minnow

Schematic/parts list for Le Omnia Super Reel

Post by Jeremy.Airey »

Hi Chaps

Quite by chance I found the above reel hiding in a Yorkshire Dales Bric a brac shop and as took it home with me, yes it is very"Jetsonish" is it not :Chuckle: .
I am going to strip it down and service it, at present the internals appear to be doing drowning in 3 in 1 oil, and hopefully fettle the slight knock it has when the clutch is tightened.
Although I can work most things out and get them back together again with the help of digipics it is always nice to have an exploded parts diagram to hand for reference.
So, does anybody have the parts diag. that came with the reel or a copy of same they could upload or PM me?
I would be very grateful and I am fairly sure it might be needed at some stage. Viz. how do you strip out the drag mechanism and what are the two little sticky up bits on the rotor for ?

best regards
Jeremy

Deaf Cat
Grayling

Re: Schematic/parts list for Le Omnia Super Reel

Post by Deaf Cat »

I didn't find your Omnia but I did find this extraordinary Belgian site with loads of reel schematics:

https://www.alapeche.be/materiel/moulin ... inets.html
Duffer - The man without skill of hand, without good eyesight and no longer young - the man who really ought to fish!
(H.M. Bateman / R.D. Peck)

Deaf Cat
Grayling

Post by Deaf Cat »

Duffer - The man without skill of hand, without good eyesight and no longer young - the man who really ought to fish!

Deaf Cat
Grayling

Re: Schematic/parts list for Le Omnia Super Reelhi

Post by Deaf Cat »

This is fun!
I don't know whether you have the Italian "le omnia super" by Alcedo or that by TJ Harrington.
Whatever, Whiteadder has this lovely piece on Harrington
https://whiteaddersflyfishingmuseum.wee ... ngton.html

You may have Dan Dare's reel of choice!

Jeremy.Airey
Minnow

Post by Jeremy.Airey »

Hi Chaps

I didn’t know there were two le omnia supers. The Italian version looks a little more high end than my T J Harrington version And a sight more complicated to work on.
I still like a copy of any T J Harrington docs if there are any out there . I believe an exploded parts diagram came with the reel in the box if that’s any help.
Thanks
Jeremy

Watermole+
Chub

Post by Watermole+ »

Apologies to all if this sounds like 'nit-picking' but I remember when this reel first came out and it was generally believed that the T.J.Harington's reel was named the OMNIA Le SUPER as it reads on the spool front..

Some said-rather unkindly-that the model name originated from the sounds that the gears made when cranked... "omnia omnia omnia omnia...."

wm+ :surrender:

"Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? Yet one of them shall not fall without your Father knoweth" ..Jesus of Nazareth, King James AV

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

A masterpiece in mazak, if any of these reels still work it's because no one has ever used it. Every one I have ever hoped to overhaul has gone in the rubbish bin. If you have one that actually still works, that's remarkable.

Rockape
Roach

Post by Rockape »

A bit late in the day now, but in case anyone else is interested.

To start the dismantling process, unscrew the large rear screw about halfway and tap it gently but firmly with the screwdriver handle or on the workbench, the rest will become obvious (coin added for scale).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Traditional Reel Building and Restoring”