The Angler's Year, edited by Peter Wheat

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Catfish.017
Eel

Re: The Angler's Year, edited by Peter Wheat

Post by Catfish.017 »

Ewan Clarkson used to write articles for Trout and Salmon under the title "Nightlines" all about Sea Trout fishing. Interesting to see a chapter about Eglwys Nunydd the Port Talbot reservoir seen from the M4. A Trout water basically but allegedly holding some excellent Coarse Fish. Incidentally is it one book or two that you have and if two, which one do the photographed chapter headings belong to?

Martin James
Tench

Post by Martin James »

Peter Wheat was a good writer also an editor of Anglers World, I felt it a privilege to know him. I have both books, excellent reading even today, I'm certain I learn things I have forgotten when I pick either book up for a good read. Excellent purchase for only just 50p well done.

Carl Hier
Roach

Post by Carl Hier »

Catfish.017 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:02 am Ewan Clarkson used to write articles for Trout and Salmon under the title "Nightlines" all about Sea Trout fishing. Interesting to see a chapter about Eglwys Nunydd the Port Talbot reservoir seen from the M4. A Trout water basically but allegedly holding some excellent Coarse Fish. Incidentally is it one book or two that you have and if two, which one do the photographed chapter headings belong to?
I believe the Port Talbot reservoir near the M4 also attracts Pike fishermen through autumn and winter.
It's not just about the fish, if waters are calm or rough, even if the net stays dry, just being there's enough.

Catfish.017
Eel

Post by Catfish.017 »

Carl Hier wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:37 pm
Catfish.017 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:02 am Ewan Clarkson used to write articles for Trout and Salmon under the title "Nightlines" all about Sea Trout fishing. Interesting to see a chapter about Eglwys Nunydd the Port Talbot reservoir seen from the M4. A Trout water basically but allegedly holding some excellent Coarse Fish. Incidentally is it one book or two that you have and if two, which one do the photographed chapter headings belong to?
I believe the Port Talbot reservoir near the M4 also attracts Pike fishermen through autumn and winter.
I don't think so Carl. The Dock close by does though. As far as I'm aware there is no Coarse Fishing allowed on the reservoir.

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”