Doing a deal with Jeff Della Mura.

The place you will find all those traditional terminal tackle items.
Fredline
Tench

Re: Doing a deal with Jeff Della Mura.

Post by Fredline »

Mr B wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:53 am Now you're Talking! What a great place to strike up a deal!
Looks a great shop and the pies just how like em,a little burnt... my all time favourite food.
This book you would find interesting.... its all about Eel and pie shops.
Well done, "Perfect!"

Just a quick edit.... I zoomed in on your photo and could see in the window the book by Jake Green.. Its similar to my one.
Love the Eel, top right hand of the photo of your shop.
Whats the name of it and were about's?
How strange, both myself and Jeff had never noticed the eel at the end of the sign before. Thanks for that, I shall have a good look next week when I treat my sisters to lunch after a cemetery visit. The order will be 1 and 1, 2 and 2, 3 and 3. I am the 2 and 2. My 9 stone older sister is the 3 and 3.
If you have no grease with you, and your rings are full of ice, do not cut out the ice with a pen-knife but get your man to put the rings one by one in his mouth, and so to thaw the ice.
John Bickerdyke.

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

Fredline wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:44 am
Mr B wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:53 am Now you're Talking! What a great place to strike up a deal!
Looks a great shop and the pies just how like em,a little burnt... my all time favourite food.
This book you would find interesting.... its all about Eel and pie shops.
Well done, "Perfect!"

Just a quick edit.... I zoomed in on your photo and could see in the window the book by Jake Green.. Its similar to my one.
Love the Eel, top right hand of the photo of your shop.
Whats the name of it and were about's?
How strange, both myself and Jeff had never noticed the eel at the end of the sign before. Thanks for that, I shall have a good look next week when I treat my sisters to lunch after a cemetery visit. The order will be 1 and 1, 2 and 2, 3 and 3. I am the 2 and 2. My 9 stone older sister is the 3 and 3.
Yes, I noticed it when I zoomed into the photo, love it!
Sounds like your going to have a great time!
Its not fair though!!! My old aunt used to have 3 and 2, skinny as a rake. My wife has 2 and 1. I have 2 and 2 but if start with a bowl of jellied Eels I have 2 and 1.
Probably no more than twice a year now I have 3 and 2.
I try to have pie and mash once a week, had it yesterday.
I will definitely pay the ULez fee and give your one a go some time, as a member of "The Pie And Mash Club" it would be rude not to!
Enjoy
Mark
Ps.. just thought... I have an Oyster card now so I could get over there free!
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Martin James
Eel

Post by Martin James »

Great picture of the top Eel and pie shop, I have lost count of the meals I had in there, today I still love my eels and mash even better with the correct liquor.

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

Martin James wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:33 pm Great picture of the top Eel and pie shop, I have lost count of the meals I had in there, today I still love my eels and mash even better with the correct liquor.
A good tip Martin,
Cut down on the Pies go for the healthy option of stewed Eels with liquor. ( well perhaps leave out a pie every now and then!)
The man on the cover of my book holding the Eel is Peiter Hak of the very shop that you and our friends enjoy using.
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Return to “Traditional Terminal Tackle”