Doing a deal with Jeff Della Mura.

The place you will find all those traditional terminal tackle items.
Fredline
Tench

Doing a deal with Jeff Della Mura.

Post by Fredline »

Jeff Della Mura and myself go back 60 years so when I recently sold my collection of Homers floats who else would I offer the spare whalebone locking pins to but the Hooked on Floats man himself. He has a new book out soon and I have seen snippets of it and it will be another gem. He also expressed an interest in a Homers advertising brown paper bag from the 1950/60's that I had. So over lunch a deal was struck. The following pictures show the venue for the talks, the merchandise and the payment for said merchandise.
A perfect deal.
ImageImageImage
If you have no grease with you, and your rings are full of ice, do not cut out the ice with a pen-knife but get your man to put the rings one by one in his mouth, and so to thaw the ice.
John Bickerdyke.

BoltonBullfinch
Arctic Char

Re: Doing a deal with Jeff Della Mura.

Post by BoltonBullfinch »

Now that's the currency I like....

Thanks
BB
'We fish a lot' Forrest Gump.

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

Pies.....

The greatest currency known by Fatty.

As ever,.........

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

Now you're Talking! What a great place to strike up a deal!
Looks a great shop and the pies just how like em,a little burnt... my all time favourite food.
This book you would find interesting.... its all about Eel and pie shops.
Well done, "Perfect!"

Just a quick edit.... I zoomed in on your photo and could see in the window the book by Jake Green.. Its similar to my one.
Love the Eel, top right hand of the photo of your shop.
Whats the name of it and were about's?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

I too have seen some extracts from the book and it is bound to be another classic from Jeff. :Thumb:
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

Fredline
Tench

Post by Fredline »

Mr B wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:53 am Now you're Talking! What a great place to strike up a deal!
Looks a great shop and the pies just how like em,a little burnt... my all time favourite food.
Well done, "Perfect!"

Just a quick edit.... I zoomed in on your photo and could see in the window the book by Jake Green.. Its similar to my one.
It is the Noted Pie and Eel House in Leytonstone. It was used for the O2 advert at Xmas. It was turned into a cafe with added snow.
ImageImage
If you have no grease with you, and your rings are full of ice, do not cut out the ice with a pen-knife but get your man to put the rings one by one in his mouth, and so to thaw the ice.
John Bickerdyke.

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Well done John and Jeff, an admirable settlement! :Hat:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

Fredline wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:25 pm
Mr B wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:53 am Now you're Talking! What a great place to strike up a deal!
Well done, "Perfect!"

It is the Noted Pie and Eel House in Leytonstone. It was used for the O2 advert at Xmas. It was turned into a cafe with added snow.
ImageImage
It looks a great Book. My one to is full of fantastic photographs by the Author who is a photographer. Both inside and outside the premises with a run down of each shops both sides of the river.
I must give that one a go, (I looked it up, know were it is) being south of the river I didn't get to try many Eel and Pie house of your side and I am told they are better your side!
Were stop there! (I was weaned in Manzies Peckham)
What a tackle shop that must have been, looks a fine pedigree. And the bag! Class act.
Tackle shops now have plastic baskets at the door and a plastic bag for when you leave... if you use this kind of shop!
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

Brilliant John! Love it. Must admit, having worked near Bethnal Green Road for 5 years in the late 80s and early 90s, I have a soft spot for the eel and pie place halfway up. Problem is, I’m then tempted by a hot salt beef beigel with a schmeer at the Brick Lane Beigel Bake!
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Grumpy
Arctic Char

Post by Grumpy »

Great result for both of you.You can't beat a good pie n' mash.My Dad had a thing for that other east end delicacy,jellied eels.Every time we went to London he would scoff a large bowl of them.I tried them once,couldn't stand them.

Return to “Traditional Terminal Tackle”