Fisherman’s Wallet - stocking it

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
Duckett
Tench

Fisherman’s Wallet - stocking it

Post by Duckett »

From time to time I like to play the “how little can I take to the river bank” game, so I’ve been looking for a wallet for ages but the leather ones are silly prices, which I’ll leave to collectors, and the vinyl ones always look very nasty! I recently managed to acquire one in excellent condition and that appears to be made of heavy cloth backed with something.

This is my first stab at stocking it. I think I need to add some No. 6 or 8 shot and a couple of bread punches. Any thoughts?

Phil

From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Old Man River
Eel

Re: Fisherman’s Wallet - stocking it

Post by Old Man River »

Its a good idea keeping things minimal .I am the worst “ just in case” angler in the world and always have too much stuff.
I made a wallet for myself but as always it holds probably far more than I really need .

Floats,scissors, forceps, disgorger, baiting needles x2 , 2xsmall spools of line, box of bits such as swivels etc, shot and larger shot to make link ledgers in a large shot tube , ready tied hooks and a few packets of hooks of various sizes .

I use it fairly regularly now, carried in a small bag with other bits , bait etc . Much more mobile just having the bag , landing net, rod, and rod rest.

I always have a spare reel and spare rod in the car though , I just cant help myself really . Its got to be done 😋

David
Hurrumph....... whatever happened to Handlines ?

ReelMaker
Brown Trout

Post by ReelMaker »

Good morning fellow friends,It’s a really good wallet,perhaps there’s a suitable product some one make ,I’m sure they would be pleased to buy.Reelmaker

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

As David has mentioned his self made wallet, here are a few pictures.

No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

Duckett wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:13 pm From time to time I like to play the “how little can I take to the river bank” game, so I’ve been looking for a wallet for ages but the leather ones are silly prices, which I’ll leave to collectors, and the vinyl ones always look very nasty! I recently managed to acquire one in excellent condition and that appears to be made of heavy cloth backed with something.

This is my first stab at stocking it. I think I need to add some No. 6 or 8 shot and a couple of bread punches. Any thoughts?

Phil

I have one the same / similar Duckett,
Takes everything I need for a "Go lightly"
Had this one since I was 14.
Its a bit weather beaten now.
That reminds me.... I need some more float rubbers.

Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

ReelMaker
Brown Trout

Post by ReelMaker »

Good afternoon HarryH is very good perhaps he might have some ideas on making some.Reelmaker

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

Thanks for all the comments chaps. Love the design of the home made one!

Mark - blimey, that virtually identical to mine. I was assuming it was late 1950s from the material so, can I be very rude and ask when you were 14 and was it new?

Phil
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Banksy
Brown Trout

Post by Banksy »

Sadly, this fisherman is more adept at emptying his wallet, rather than filling it.
:whistle:

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”