Walking boots

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Walking boots

Post by Bobthefloat »

Any recommendations on good quality 3 season Walking boots? That could also be used for fishing,
I've found a pair of rather tasty leather boots but they come with a whopping price tag.
Some advice would be good before I fork out.
As always any feedback would be much appreciated chaps :Hat: :cheers:

Hovis
Tench

Re: Walking boots

Post by Hovis »

https://www.outdoorgb.com/p/Scarpa_Mist ... JqEALw_wcB

Right, I've tried a few. These are by far the best 3 season boot I've got, I happily wear them in winter too, plenty warm for me. They aren't fully waterproof but very breathable, if I know I'm heading in the way of bogs a pair of sealskinz sock sees me right.
I've got a 1000+ miles on these and the durability and sole is holding well. They are considered an older model now so can be had for sub £100 occasionally.
I'm just too lazy to look after leather and these, despite being put away wet and dirty have worn exceptionally well
I have laid aside business, and gone a'fishing.

Izaak Walton

Grumpy
Arctic Char

Post by Grumpy »

I have had a pair of Karrimor boots for a few years and they have served me very well.They have the Vibram sole and are very comfy.Not for winter but fine for the other seasons.They do a good range and start from about £80.Available from most outdoors type shops,also online.

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

I have Karrimor too... cracking boots for the money got them from Go outdoors for £50
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Ian.R.McDonald
Chub

Post by Ian.R.McDonald »

I agree with Hovis- Scarpa are things of beauty, well made with a great choice of material.

They are comfortable and wonderful.

Not sure if I would want to take them on a grubby and muddy fishing trip! Kept for best

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

I have had a pair of Salomon GTX for some years, waterproof about £150 or less. Lasted for some 15 years.

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

If you like traditional looking boots in leather that don’t take an age of blisters to walk in, then l heartily recommend Altberg, from that well known German speaking enclave called Richmond, North Yorkshire!

https://www.altberg.co.uk/

For my normal fishing, I buy almost anything. However, for stalking, rugged or damp terrain fishing and my walking I use Altberg. They were recommended to me by my outdoors loving chiropodist when I was being treated for a foot problem and I’ve never looked back. One big plus is that they come in a range of width fittings. Not cheap but comfortable and reliable.

Phil
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Santiago
Wild Carp

Post by Santiago »

Another one for Scarpa. I wear mine nearly every day and they're so so comfy! Not not to mention very hard wearing.
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Salomon Quest 4 GTX RRP £185
Outstanding boots and they have an excellent 2 year warranty.
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Cat
Chub

Post by Cat »

Another one for Scarpa...I wear boots all waking hours all week...comfortable (I have to wear special insoles) and are durable for a boot worn all day almost 365. I get around 18 months from a pair, and only revert to my heavy leather Haix boots in deepest winter. Current ones are ZG Lite GTX

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”